My mom hopped on my Lots-of-minutes and text plan. She NEVER uses her phone so I told her it would be best to add a line for $9.99 + tax. She wants to pay me for the full two years and be done with it.

I know it may vary state to state, but some numbers would help anyway. I'm in VT.

I just got the first bill and you know how it is.....activation, partial month, etc.

I don't feel like calling VW for this. I call them enough as it is.

Can you guys throw out a number that you spend on ONE of your extra lines.

Thanks A lot
    03-11-10 05:44 PM
    Here in MN I pay about 13-14 bucks after taxes and charges for my grandma's phone on my account.

My advice is to actually call Verizon, I know you don't want to, but taxes and charges are always different state to state, and different accounts. There were no taxes when I lived in MT.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 03-11-10 at 05:50 PM.
    03-11-10 05:48 PM
    actually..it's not as simple as that...
    to begin with family plan for the same minutes is more expensive than the individual plan...Then you add-on 9.99 per line.

Of course, if you already have a family plan, then it's just 9.99..
    but if you have individual and want to add a line, you'll have to upgrade to family plan which is more expensive, then add 9.99 per line..

if it's unlimited minutes...I think additional line is like 40-50 I think on top of $30 premium for shared miniute...

So you aren't REALLY paying just 9.99 per additional line...
    03-11-10 06:01 PM
    A family plan starts out with 2 lines, if you want more than 2, then it's 9.99 per line.
    03-11-10 06:35 PM
    Here in MN I pay about 13-14 bucks after taxes and charges for my grandma's phone on my account.

My advice is to actually call Verizon, I know you don't want to, but taxes and charges are always different state to state, and different accounts. There were no taxes when I lived in MT.
    Thanks, this is the kind of response I was looking for. I guess I'll call if have to. Maybe I'll just wait for the second bill and figure it out that way. Better yet maybe I'll just low ball it and say $12 or $13. It's my Mom, I don't mind being a little off.
    03-11-10 09:07 PM
    My husband and I have a family share plan. I had my individual line first. When I added his I dropped my minutes so it really was only 9.99. With taxes it's $12 and change.
    03-13-10 08:29 AM
    Already had a family share with my Dad and Mom on it. Added another line for my Great Aunt (who really doesn't use her phone)... it cost $9.99 + taxes. Here in Delaware it comes to about $12 per month.

I just told my great Aunt $10 per month as I didn't feel like doing the exact math.
    03-13-10 08:55 AM
    I pay $12.42 per extra line. $9.99 + tax = $12.42.

Give her the family discount and just charge her $10.00 a month lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 08:56 AM
    Thanks guys and gals.
    03-15-10 01:57 AM
    Yeah, I was at the vzw store the other day and was told I could add a phone on a family plan and have the same features as I have on my current blackberry for 10 dollars a month (unlimited text messages and of course unlimited data ).
    I have never gone ove my data usage so I knew someone would say its really not unlimited data but anyhoo now I stated that anyway
    03-15-10 06:40 AM
    Yeah, I was at the vzw store the other day and was told I could add a phone on a family plan and have the same features as I have on my current blackberry for 10 dollars a month (unlimited text messages and of course unlimited data )....
    you sure about that $10 per month including unlimited text and data??

My $9.99 add a lines are "voice" only... rest (messaging and data) is pay as you go. I have to add a text plan and data plan if I need them on those extra lines.

I know there was the Nationwide Basic (Voice only, Add a line $9.99), Select (added unlimited sms/mms, add a line $9.99) and Premium (added vznav, vcast vpack, mobile email, add a line $29.99) which added extra features. Only the PREMIUM included data.

But those plans are now gone.

The current Text & Talk, or just Talk, don't include data, and you'd need to subscribe to data for each "add a line"
    03-15-10 01:09 PM
    Me personally. I would just pay it myself. Its at most 15 bucks a month. I can pay 50 cents a day for my mom. But that's just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD