Ok so my parents are on a account together here on Verizon. I don't know exactly what plan they are on but definitely know they don't have any data or messaging. Well I went into a local store today and asked a rep there about adding a line onto their account with a BB. All I would like is a data and messaging plan...with NO voice. They told me it wasn't possible because my parents don't have a data plan. Well after several times of trying to convince them in any way that there could be a chance, they still said NO??? Well now I come to you guys cuz I know there's a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge that can help me out with this. Are they right?...its kind of a bummer if they are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 05:03 PM
    You can get a messaging plan for the hearing impaired. All voice calls will be charged as overage. It will probably be the same cost as adding on to their plan, if not more, depending on what plan they have.

11-19-09 05:10 PM
    Well another thing I forgot to mention is my credit isn't that good so Verizon won't let me get a phone on my own account. That is why I was trying to get in under my parents

11-19-09 05:14 PM
    You can't do that. All you are talking about is $10 more for voice.

Assuming your parents (2 phones) have a family voice plan only, they just need to add you for $10 for voice. You then add text and data to your phone for additional fees.
    11-19-09 05:20 PM
    Ok cool...so $10 to add on and then I'm sure data plans start at $30

11-19-09 05:31 PM
    Yup. Its your best bet. Don't forget to factor in a texting plan.

11-19-09 05:35 PM
    Thanks guys. I just really want to take advantage of that WalMart deal they have going on Black Friday. They have cheap berrys

11-19-09 05:41 PM
    P.S.

With voice, now you can call your parents for free.

Or better yet, your parents now have a voice number to call you to track you down for your monthly payment.
    11-19-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD