Just got an add in the mail re. phone offers from VZW. The add shows the Curve 3G & Bold. Both descriptions say they have OS6 loaded.

Haven't seen any indication in these forums that Verizon has released OS6. Am I blind?
    12-07-10 02:34 PM
    Verizon hasn't yet released BB6.
    12-07-10 02:43 PM
    Didn't think so but, their mail ad indicates it loaded on the devices mentioned in my OP.

Guess a few people are going to be dissappointed.
    12-07-10 03:06 PM
    Picture! Or it didn't happen!!
    12-07-10 03:11 PM
    They may be getting close to launching it on those devices. There was some talk of the Bold getting a new SKU number with VZW recently and that it may be due to BB6.

However, if history is any indication, VZW just puts a couple of stickers on the boxes ( a colored dot and a new os "ver x.x.x.xxx") when they update the preloaded software.

http://crackberry.com/verizon-adds-t...loaded-devices
    12-07-10 03:12 PM
    Yeah!! got the add too.... it does say "NEW blackberry 6 os" That's crazy, I really wish it showed a picture of it in action. They just have twitter and monopoly.... They also have a huge thing in the bottom corner and top left of the page talking all about os 6. It should be close they have a whole two pages devoted to it.

EDIT: took picture of it...
    Last edited by BiG BaLLA 923; 12-07-10 at 03:25 PM.
    12-07-10 03:18 PM
    Check Crackberry home page.
    12-08-10 08:41 AM
    There are some other threads on this topic, with more pictures, on the 9650 forum. I got the flyer too, and it also shows the Curve 9330 as having OS6. I haven't had occasion to personally go into a store to ask the VZW staff about this, but others have reported that there are not yet any phones running OS6 that are available for purchase. Ad says, "Hurry, this offer ends December 24, 2010" so it doesn't seem to be something that was just mailed too early by accident.
    12-11-10 09:12 AM
    They may be getting close to launching it on those devices. There was some talk of the Bold getting a new SKU number with VZW recently and that it may be due to BB6.

However, if history is any indication, VZW just puts a couple of stickers on the boxes ( a colored dot and a new os "ver x.x.x.xxx") when they update the preloaded software.

http://crackberry.com/verizon-adds-t...loaded-devices
    agreed PC. If they are going to "launch" the 9330 and the 9650 now to have OS6, the stock they have will just be 'flashed' with the new software and any new production will have it freshly installed. Just my .02
    12-11-10 09:21 AM
    Not sure how much this is worth, but I had to update VZ Navigator on my Bold 9650 tonight as the message indicated that it was needed for an upcoming OS Update. I'm not sure if this will be OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 09:07 PM
    Not sure how much this is worth, but I had to update VZ Navigator on my Bold 9650 tonight as the message indicated that it was needed for an upcoming OS Update. I'm not sure if this will be OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Got the same message today, your post means I wasn't seeing things...that's good.
    12-15-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD