Should I have been charged an activation fee??? I ordered my phone online and doesn't it waive the fee if you order online?
    05-23-08 03:12 PM
    I have never been charged an activation fee when doing eligible upgrades online.
    This time I went to the store - still no fee.

Were you eligible for an upgrade?
    05-23-08 03:21 PM
    I just became a verizon user just two days ago...
    05-23-08 03:57 PM
    I would call customer service and ask why you got charged.

Usually that is one of the perks of ordering online.
    05-23-08 04:04 PM
    You may also be credited for the fees on your first or second bill.
    05-23-08 05:45 PM
    Just call cs and be firm but polite. They will usually waive the fees.
    05-23-08 05:59 PM
    Did the website say it was offering free activation for new service? If not the charges are valid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 06:06 PM
    Guys, she's a new Verizon customer. Yes, there is an activation fee for new customers. If you were just activating a new phone on a preexisting Verizon account, then there would be no fee.
    05-23-08 10:57 PM
    Guys, she's a new Verizon customer. Yes, there is an activation fee for new customers. If you were just activating a new phone on a preexisting Verizon account, then there would be no fee.
    Actually she is correct, when ordering online, even if it is a new line of service and you are a brand new customer there is no one-time activation fee. I would dial 611 from your phone and dispute this charge with a Verizon Wireless Customer Support agent. If they do not discount it, ask for a supervisor.
    05-23-08 11:30 PM
    New line, new line activation fee. It's as simple as that. She might be able to dispute the charge, but that doesn't change the fact that it's what happens.
    05-24-08 12:50 AM
    There are often promos for free activation but unless you activate during that time, it's a real charge and you are responsible for paying it.

05-24-08 01:29 AM
    I actually called and asked about it, here is what I was told.

New orders (Non Verizon customer just signing up for service) have no activation fee that will be charged during a weekday (Monday-Friday). Activation fees apply to new orders online during Saturday and Sunday.
    Once again, call in and ask.
    05-24-08 01:33 AM
    Jrsccivic88......you are wrong.

Thanks for the help everyone the lady removed the fee. It is free online no matter whether you're a new customer or not.

05-24-08 06:07 PM
    When I switched from VZW to get my T-Mo Curve from Amazon.com back in January, the activation fee was automatically waived. With Verizon, you never know sometimes, so I'm glad you were able to get yours waived as well, ConcreteRose342.
    05-24-08 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD