Hey guys, I need help with my activation

I got a curve but upgraded through the primary line--im a secondary. But im trying to activate the curve through my line, but its not working. Anyone know why?
    08-01-08 04:48 PM
    Did you swap the ESN over to your account? If you have a MY verizon account you can do it there, if not call CS they will make the chamge and it will work
    Last edited by lastraid; 08-01-08 at 05:03 PM.
    08-01-08 04:52 PM
    Did you swap the ESN over to your account? If you have a MY verizon account you can do it there, if not call CS they will male the chamge and it will work
    Sorry but i dont know how to do that. Im on the My verizon account. can you guide me plz?
    08-01-08 04:54 PM
    Sorry but i dont know how to do that. Im on the My verizon account. can you guide me plz?
    Once you log into My Verizon, you'll want to select the phone number under the my services section and click "Go". From there, there should be an option called "Activate Phone". Note that you might have issues with doing it online, especially if you're going from a normal device to a BB (or vice versa), in which you'll have to call customer service. Remember that when you call CS to note that you tried it online, otherwise they'll charge you $20 to do an ESN swap over the phone.
    08-01-08 05:02 PM
    yep- thank for getting it posted before me..slow typist
    08-01-08 05:08 PM
    Once you log into My Verizon, you'll want to select the phone number under the my services section and click "Go". From there, there should be an option called "Activate Phone". Note that you might have issues with doing it online, especially if you're going from a normal device to a BB (or vice versa), in which you'll have to call customer service. Remember that when you call CS to note that you tried it online, otherwise they'll charge you $20 to do an ESN swap over the phone.
    When I activated my phone, the phone that I ordered through my line came up, which isnt the blackberry. I bought the BB using the primary line, but I want to activate it on my line, which isnt working.
    08-01-08 05:09 PM
    Best to call CS then and work it out. ALso make sure you both phone and have them both witrh battery removed when the ESN gets changed. If not you may have activation or data concerns which can cause delays
    08-01-08 05:12 PM
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE VERIZON!!! Great help. and thanks to you guys for the help. Really appreciate it.
    08-01-08 05:40 PM
    Here's a question: I have swapped the ESNs of almost every single one of my phones with a CSR, unless I purchase a device in-store, which is rare. I have never, not once, been charged $20 to do so. Is this a new policy? And if so, it's BS.
    08-01-08 05:43 PM
    If it's something you are perfectly capable of doing on your own, why shouldn't that charge you?

There will probably be a charge for making a payment with a rep over the phone soon. Since you can make a payment through the mail, in a store, online and through the automated phone system it sounds quite reasonable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 06:49 PM
    When there is a self help option that you can complete yourself in about 2-5 mins, why would you need to call CS or TS? Fees are to discurage calls to the company. But there always folks that feel better talking to real person.

Banks do it and I am sure there are service industries that do it as well.
    08-01-08 09:00 PM
    New devices, lost/stolen, or broken devices will never be charged a $20 swap fee.
    Also you cannot swap online after 9pm...the servers are in NY, it holds the order until 12:01 am the next day local time until the day counters match. FYI
    08-01-08 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD