I just got me a lightly used 9550. to get it activated, do I just take it to the store and they do it? This is my first phone I haven't bought from the store.

Also, its about 1 month old. It will still be covered by the warranty and I can insure it, correct? its verizon branded.
    01-06-10 11:27 PM
    Turn off your phone, dial *228 SEND on the new phone, select option 3. It will ask you for the number and the password. If you have issues it will transfer to a rep.

You cannot add insurance to the phone unless you purchased it and the warranty only applies to the original owner. You may still have a warranty with the manufacturer.
    Last edited by supermario28; 01-07-10 at 12:40 AM.
    01-06-10 11:32 PM
    ^^ Thats the best way, but sometimes the menu gives me issues with 228. If it does just dial 611 and they can help you.

Mario answered the other part too.

GLW the phone!
    01-07-10 12:28 AM
    I just got me a lightly used 9550. to get it activated, do I just take it to the store and they do it? This is my first phone I haven't bought from the store.

Also, its about 1 month old. It will still be covered by the warranty and I can insure it, correct? its verizon branded.
    Yeah, the warranty is lost once its taken off the original owners account.
    01-07-10 12:42 PM
    I was reading on another thread that this new phone is cover with Asuron (or whatever its named) if I already had it, which I have. So if I do have to do an insurance claim and pay the $89, is the replacement now covered by a 1 year warranty? And if there are major problems and I have to do 3 returns in 90 days, will they switch it out for another model?

I'm not trying to get over on anyone or get free stuff, just curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 08:58 PM
    If you already have insurance, it can still be covered by Asurion, it's up to them. But there would be zero warranty on the phone if you did not purchase it from VZW directly.
    01-08-10 10:48 PM
    If I did get a asurion replacement, would the replacement be covered?

Thanks for this info. Like a dumba$$, I didn't look into this when I get the phone. I found a good deal and got it on a whim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 07:23 AM
    You can also change the phone esn from your myverizon account and then dial
    *228 opt1
    Its slick and I've done it a couple times without issue.
    01-10-10 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD