My LGVX8350 is taking a dump on me and I want to get a cheap pearl or curve on Ebay that I can use until i'm eligible for my NE2 +$100 credit to get the Tour when it finally comes out.

My question is, do I have to buy a verizon-specific curve or pearl in order for me to use it on vzw's network, or can I use any unlocked/sprint/alltel CDMA device? I don't know a lot about this sort of thing, but I would imagine that any CDMA unit would work, correct?
    06-12-09 09:52 PM
    Not really the ESN number for the sprint device will not be in VZW's system and it will not activate.
    06-12-09 11:23 PM
    Yep, it'll be a no-go for now. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 11:32 PM
    Yep, it'll be a no-go for now. Sorry.

So i'll have to get a verizon-specific curve or pearl then...

How would i go about activating it once i had it in my hands?

06-13-09 12:22 PM
    Call VZW they will assist with this. Again if you get from EBAY beware: ask the seller for the ESN and PIN and make sure they clear before you purchase. Call VZW with this info and they will tell you.
    06-13-09 12:28 PM
    Ok, i'll do that when i find a deal. Thanks for the help guys.

Where on each device is the ESN and PIN located?

06-13-09 02:01 PM
    Call VZW they will assist with this. Again if you get from EBAY beware: ask the seller for the ESN and PIN and make sure they clear before you purchase. Call VZW with this info and they will tell you.
    I agree... make sure you use a way lagit seller... bc if a phone as been suspended for lost/stolen. Its flagged on a hotlist and cannot be activated at ALL... the billing system doesnt have any way to bypass it except with the origional owners say so and then its a headache of a process done by the fraud dept.
    BE CAREFUL
    the esn and pin are located under the battery on the label or in options>status on the device. ( easier to read this way )
    06-13-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD