Maybe someone can help me out. I am currently studying overseas (israel) and my blackberry bold has broke. I was told by a few peopxle that I must have someone activate the pxhone in america and havE it sent to me. That I won't be able to activAte it here. Is this true? If so why. Xplease let me know asaxp. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 07:43 AM
    You can activate a device online with a Verizon wireless online account.
    05-06-11 09:19 AM
    It might need to be activated via *228 using Verizon towers but you may be able to program it manually and do online like bighap suggested. If you need directions let us know on how to manually program it.
    05-06-11 11:12 AM
    Since Israel uses CDMA, the phone will need to be programmed the Verizon network first. Unless you are using a SIM card, then you don't need to activate it.

05-06-11 07:46 PM
    So I won't be able to activAte it in israel?

05-07-11 01:22 PM
    So I won't be able to activAte it in israel?

Which phone is it you are gonna activate? You can manually program it and in theory it should work. If you have another BB and are using the SIM card slot it won't matter what you did with the CDMA side as you won't be near any Verizon towers in Israel.
    05-07-11 01:39 PM
    Right now I havE a vErizon bold and want to activAte a refurbished pxhone. Same one. That verizon sent me

05-07-11 01:41 PM
    Maybe someone can help me out. I am currently studying overseas (israel) and my blackberry bold has broke. I was told by a few peopxle that I must have someone activate the pxhone in america and havE it sent to me. That I won't be able to activAte it here. Is this true? If so why. Xplease let me know asaxp. Thanks

Do you have your Verizon Wireless Global Support card? Call that number 908-559-4899 and get them to help you. No one here can do anything, sorry.

Out of the four major carriers in Israel, only one of them is a CDMA carrier. Whatever device you end up using will need to be unlocked.
    Last edited by Gawain; 05-07-11 at 02:16 PM.
    05-07-11 02:10 PM
    Do you have your Verizon Wireless Global Support card? Call that number 908-559-4899 and get them to help you. No one here can do anything, sorry.

Out of the four major carriers in Israel, only one of them is a CDMA carrier. Whatever device you end up using will need to be unlocked.
    This is the best advice. U can definitely activate the phone in Israel but u must manually program it and Verizon global support can walk u thru the steps over the phone.

05-09-11 09:32 AM
  10. chandimabandarasamarasinghe's Avatar

just login and solve all your problems;
    profiles - docstoc
    08-28-12 05:18 AM

just login and solve all your problems;
    profiles - docstoc
    This has nothing at all to do with this thread.
    08-28-12 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD