A few months ago....I had to warranty replace my BB Tour.

It arrived, I activated it....no problems. I also swap phones occasionally with another phone I have ( a droid.)

The weird thing is, I can activate the Droid with NO problem online. But when I try to go online and switch back to the Tour...

It asks me to verify order number:
    Verify Order Number and Location Code listed on your Customer Receipt included with your phone shipment.

Order No:

Location Code:

Also asks for last 4 of my ssn.

Why is it still doing this even though I have activated this phone on my account already?

Then it refuses to activate online and I have to call CS.

Can this "order" be removed from my account so I can activate the Tour without calling CS?
    09-16-10 06:17 PM
    That's strange... I've never seen that before, and I switch phones regularly, just BB to BB though. Have you tried asking Verizon CS?
    09-16-10 06:29 PM
    I have seen that before and have no clue why it does this.
    09-16-10 07:00 PM
    Had same issue. Ordered new Droid 2. In short, it didn't quite work out for me. So, I switched back to my Tour but wasn't able to do so online or by calling *228. VZW rep told me that it was due to the fact that the data package is slightly different between the two.
    09-16-10 09:01 PM
    how is the data package different between the tour and the droid2???
    09-21-10 07:30 PM
    how is the data package different between the tour and the droid2???
    Different codes, different names, same price.
    09-21-10 07:55 PM
    hmm.. i am interested in seeing how the OP will get around this issue. I have a fascinate right now and am planning on occasionally switching back between that and the bold 9650..
    09-22-10 12:18 PM
    i would imagine i'll be having the same issues
    09-22-10 12:19 PM
    Is this being done at the MyVerizon account? If so, does it ask for you to switch data plans?
    With Verizon the Droids, Palms and Windows Mobile devices are on a PDA/Smartphone Data Plan-$29.99 and

Blackberry's are on a Blackberry Data Plan-$29.99

That would be my best guess.
    09-22-10 05:50 PM
    Is this being done at the MyVerizon account? If so, does it ask for you to switch data plans?
    With Verizon the Droids, Palms and Windows Mobile devices are on a PDA/Smartphone Data Plan-$29.99 and

Blackberry's are on a Blackberry Data Plan-$29.99

That would be my best guess.
    That is what is so aggravating. I can change from the Tour to the Droid with no problem, it asks to confirm the data plan change, and accepts it with no problem.

But try to go from the Droid to the Blackberry for some reason it won't accept it. Even thought it has already been on my account before. Who knows.
    09-23-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD