I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 8/11, but am interested in switching to a Blackberry because I want a data plan. I refuse to pay nearly $400 (Curve) through Verizon, which has me looking at eBay. I believe you can activate online, but how would that work since I don't currently have a data plan? I want the $29/personal data plan...
    07-05-10 11:01 AM
    You can activate online or by calling and you will be prompted either way to add the data package to your account. Both options will work, I actually just did the same for my sister. Bought her a used Curve and activated it on the account with no issues.
    07-05-10 11:07 AM
    Yep just make sure you get a Verizon phone. You shouldn't have any problems adding the data plan anyway you activate it. I think that by activating it the data plan will get added automatically because Verizon requires it on all BlackBerry phones.
    07-05-10 11:13 AM
    Yeah, you can buy it on Ebay and then just call in and have the phone activated. They will ask you which plan you want since the blackberries require the data plan you wont have an option not to have the data. Be careful with Ebay blackberries though, just make sure the PIN has been released so you dont have issues setting it up.
    07-05-10 11:15 AM
    Yeah, you can buy it on Ebay and then just call in and have the phone activated. They will ask you which plan you want since the blackberries require the data plan you wont have an option not to have the data. Be careful with Ebay blackberries though, just make sure the PIN has been released so you dont have issues setting it up.
    Is that necessary if it's new? (Supposedly, but the person I'm looking at has a ton of feedback & it's all good)
    07-05-10 01:48 PM
    Is that necessary if it's new? (Supposedly, but the person I'm looking at has a ton of feedback & it's all good)
    If it is brand new, no none of that is necessary. You can just get it activated and then you are set!
    07-05-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD