I bought a new phone off ebay. When I get it, how do I have it activated?

If I dial *228 will it ask me my phone number and other info or do I need to call in an talk to someone?
    06-30-10 08:01 AM
    Log in to, or create an account on, verizonwireless.com and then go to activate equipment. Select the line, if you have more than one, enter in the ESN/MEID for your new device. Wait for the confirmation message, then do *228 option 1 to program.
    06-30-10 08:10 AM
    I bought a new phone off ebay. When I get it, how do I have it activated?

If I dial *228 will it ask me my phone number and other info or do I need to call in an talk to someone?
    You can call *228 from your new phone, and select option 3 (it doesn't give option 3, but as recently as 2 weeks ago it still worked for me). You will enter your phone number and last four of social, then it will program it.

Be sure to power off your current phone before doing this.

You can also do the same thing via My Verizon @ vzw.com
    06-30-10 08:46 AM
    I have found that *228 is the easiest way. Make sure to resend your service books after reactivation.
    06-30-10 08:52 AM
    thanks for the info!! My new phone is a Droid so I assume they do not get service books? Correct?
    06-30-10 09:49 AM
    You will have to call customer service. Reason being, if you are going from a regular phone or a blackberry there will be a change made to the data plan. Even if it is the same price, its named differently in our system. It will take an extra couple minutes but thats the way to do it. *228 will route you to customer service because the changes have to be made.
    06-30-10 10:33 AM
    going from blackberry storm 2 to a droid.
    06-30-10 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD