My wife has a Curve 8330 that took a crap. My buddy has a Tour but left Verizon and went to AT&T this past weekend for the Iphone. He gave me his Tour but i am getting conflicting stories about her activating this phone. Rep at store told her she has to wait till July 18th when his billing cycle has ended, and i talked to my business account rep and he told me it should not be an issue.
    why would she need to wait till his billing cycle has ended if he cancelled his contract and ended his relationship with Verizon ? can someone offer any info on this????
    06-29-10 12:49 PM
    as long as your friend paid their bill and total and the account is closed you should not have a problem, i would call verizon via 611, i think they could defenitly straighten it out for you.. i think what the rep told you was BS..
    06-29-10 12:56 PM
    as long as your friend paid their bill and total and the account is closed you should not have a problem, i would call verizon via 611, i think they could defenitly straighten it out for you.. i think what the rep told you was BS..
    they are the ones who told me i had to wait till his billing cycle is over, as well as rep in store. My corporate rep said he does not think i had to wait. he said just go on website and input ESN and see if it works. i will try tonight i guess.
    06-29-10 01:02 PM
    The way it works is that the account is not closed out until the end of the bill cycle. So the phone could not be activated on another line until it has offically "closed". You will have to wait.
    06-29-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD