08-19-12 09:59 PM
29 12
tools
    If you have unlimited *AND* you use a lot of data, the share plans are bad.
    I never use WiFi. Why should I? I pay for unlimited.

Share plan will hurt for me. Cheaper just to pay full retail for phones.
    07-30-12 05:20 PM
    If you have unlimited *AND* you use a lot of data, the share plans are bad.
    I never use WiFi. Why should I? I pay for unlimited.

Share plan will hurt for me. Cheaper just to pay full retail for phones.

I use Wifi because its faster and preserves battery life. Plus I'm already paying for wifi internet, so why pay more for a data plan just for my phone?
    07-30-12 05:22 PM
    I have 5 lines. 4 smartphones (2 BlackBerrys, 1 4G LTE phone, 1 3G Android phone), and a Home Phone Connect.I haven't received a full months bill yet, but it appears I'll be paying just about the same as I was. However, I'm paying for 8GB of data and the wifi hotspot is now included, which I refused to pay extra for before. We typically have only used 3 to 4 GB per month as a whole, so if that continues now that the hotspot feature is available, I could save money by dropping down a tier on the data...we'll see how it works out..
    08-01-12 10:05 PM
    In the past, the discount applied to voice, which was an account charge, and not the data, which was a device charge. Now what is discounted will be the other way, since the data charges are at the account level, and the access charge is at the device level (at least as according to the Verizon training literature posted on HowardForums).
    This is corect

I talked with customer service today about this. They "say" that the corporate discount will now be applied to the data charge instead of the minutes used as this is now the primary charge.
    Yes the "Plan" is now the data allotment and the per device fees are the network access fees.

How does this impact BB's though? Can't find anything specifically pertaining to BIS/BES subscribers...there are 5 lines in our family, 2 BBs, 1 android, and 2 dumb phones (looking to upgrade to smartphones)...do the BB lines have to pay the smartphone access fee of $40 PLUS the BIS/BES fees???
    BIS is included as it isnow, BES will be a separate plan add on for those who need it.
    08-19-12 09:59 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD