08-19-12 09:59 PM
29 12
tools
    http://crackberry.com/verizon-launch...red-data-plans

Would there be an employee discount available still? I currently receive a 19% discount right now and im wondering if it would continue?
    06-12-12 10:08 AM
    I talked with customer service today about this. They "say" that the corporate discount will now be applied to the data charge instead of the minutes used as this is now the primary charge.
    06-12-12 09:03 PM
    I talked with customer service today about this. They "say" that the corporate discount will now be applied to the data charge instead of the minutes used as this is now the primary charge.
    In the past, the discount applied to voice, which was an account charge, and not the data, which was a device charge. Now what is discounted will be the other way, since the data charges are at the account level, and the access charge is at the device level (at least as according to the Verizon training literature posted on HowardForums).
    Last edited by CharlesH; 06-13-12 at 02:53 PM.
    06-13-12 02:50 PM
    Currently my corporate discount applies to everything on my primary line. Voice, data, and text.
    06-18-12 07:58 PM
    Personally I think a lot of people will stay with 3g and pay cash for their upgrades to keep the old plan and unlimited minuets.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    FF22 likes this.
    06-18-12 09:35 PM
    or switch back to a dumb phone.
    i did that with my AT&T line, sold my iphone 4 and replaced it with a trusty old motorola razor.
    i always carry a 4G mifi and an iPad 2..

the new 6 inch Google Nexus 7 plus a mifi seems a perfect fit
    07-08-12 03:23 AM
    How does this impact BB's though? Can't find anything specifically pertaining to BIS/BES subscribers...there are 5 lines in our family, 2 BBs, 1 android, and 2 dumb phones (looking to upgrade to smartphones)...do the BB lines have to pay the smartphone access fee of $40 PLUS the BIS/BES fees???
    07-09-12 09:27 AM
    I'm sure that they will continue the discount, but you never know because hey...it's Verizon. I am not a huge fan of the "Share Everything" plan personally...
    07-09-12 10:00 PM
    How does this impact BB's though? Can't find anything specifically pertaining to BIS/BES subscribers...there are 5 lines in our family, 2 BBs, 1 android, and 2 dumb phones (looking to upgrade to smartphones)...do the BB lines have to pay the smartphone access fee of $40 PLUS the BIS/BES fees???
    You will only pay the access fee, to my knowledge. BIS and such will be included and you won't pay extra.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    07-13-12 09:58 AM
    You will only pay the access fee, to my knowledge. BIS and such will be included and you won't pay extra.
    That's my understanding as well. However, BES is an additional $15/month.
    07-13-12 09:14 PM
    I don't know how BES will work with these new plans. BIS should be fine but BES is probably going to get an extra charge.

When I was on tmobile, they changed their data plans around and made it so one $30 unlimited data plan would cover all devices (not device specific) but if you wanted BES, you had pay an extra $5/month. I wonder if verizon will adopt a similar thing.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    07-14-12 09:32 AM
    I don't know how BES will work with these new plans. BIS should be fine but BES is probably going to get an extra charge.
    Correct; BES is extra - $15/month per line.
    07-14-12 11:37 AM
    So does this everything plan actually save anything esp. for someone with only 1 line?
    07-14-12 12:44 PM
    So does this everything plan actually save anything esp. for someone with only 1 line?
    When I first signed up for bb/verizon, there was a somewhat limited plan that was a bit cheaper than the $30/UNlimited plan. I don't know if they've even offered that in a while.

And I'm not sure if bb's are governed under different $$/plans or they, too, can be signed up for shared but limited data? At the moment I'm not interested. Some of the scenarios seem to show that under some usage, it might be cheaper on these new plans but probably not for a lot of folks. I don't believe verizon did this to save customers a lot of money and cost verizon a lot of profit. In the end I'm sure it makes more sense for Verizon than most customers. But you may chalk that up to good old fashioned cynicism as opposed to good old fashioned capitalism!
    07-14-12 03:46 PM
    When I first signed up for bb/verizon, there was a somewhat limited plan that was a bit cheaper than the $30/UNlimited plan. I don't know if they've even offered that in a while.

And I'm not sure if bb's are governed under different $$/plans or they, too, can be signed up for shared but limited data? At the moment I'm not interested. Some of the scenarios seem to show that under some usage, it might be cheaper on these new plans but probably not for a lot of folks. I don't believe verizon did this to save customers a lot of money and cost verizon a lot of profit. In the end I'm sure it makes more sense for Verizon than most customers. But you may chalk that up to good old fashioned cynicism as opposed to good old fashioned capitalism!
    I think I'm in your boat.
    07-14-12 04:08 PM
    ...And I'm not sure if bb's are governed under different $$/plans or they, too, can be signed up for shared but limited data?...
    BBs are not treated differently than any other device in terms of data plans; the deal is the same for every smartphone with the exception of the extra monthly charge for corporate email (e.g., BES).

There are customers who have reported that they will save money with the SE plan. Primarily, it appears to be those who are currently paying a lot already as a result of having unlimited talk/text plans, hotspots, and the like, but who also don't use a boatload of data. For customers chewing through a lot of data, it looks like they'll be paying more under the new scheme.
    07-14-12 08:49 PM
    With the Share Everything plan, my company discount only applies to the data plan you choose . It makes sense because the unlimited minutes and texts are standard on that plan.
    07-22-12 11:22 PM
    BBs are not treated differently than any other device in terms of data plans; the deal is the same for every smartphone with the exception of the extra monthly charge for corporate email (e.g., BES).

There are customers who have reported that they will save money with the SE plan. Primarily, it appears to be those who are currently paying a lot already as a result of having unlimited talk/text plans, hotspots, and the like, but who also don't use a boatload of data. For customers chewing through a lot of data, it looks like they'll be paying more under the new scheme.
    Its a little different. Only Blackberry users are offered the lowest data plan of 300mb for $40/month. Thats great considering your avg BB user doesn't go over that amount.

If you keep the 300mb data plan youre gaining unlimited text/talk for about the same amount.
    07-22-12 11:27 PM
    Its a little different. Only Blackberry users are offered the lowest data plan of 300mb for $40/month...
    Actually, the lowest plan appears to be offered with any device. In response to your post in the other thread last night, I tried configuring plans with both a Galaxy S III and an iPhone. I was able to add that 300MB data plan ($80/month total) with both devices.
    07-23-12 11:00 AM
    Actually, the lowest plan appears to be offered with any device. In response to your post in the other thread last night, I tried configuring plans with both a Galaxy S III and an iPhone. I was able to add that 300MB data plan ($80/month total) with both devices.
    Oh okay. I remember at one time it wasn't offered everywhere.

Im not sure I would feel comfortable with a 300mb plan on anything other than a Blackberry though. Seems like overage would be inevitable.
    07-23-12 11:08 AM
    Im not sure I would feel comfortable with a 300mb plan on anything other than a Blackberry though. Seems like overage would be inevitable.
    I agree, completely. In fact, with any device other than a BB, I really wouldn't feel comfortable with 1GB, either; I'd probably opt for a 2GB package (unless, of course, I happened to be in position where I could use Wi-Fi quite often).
    07-23-12 11:26 AM
    $40 for 300mb? Highway robbery.
    07-23-12 01:35 PM
    I agree, completely. In fact, with any device other than a BB, I really wouldn't feel comfortable with 1GB, either; I'd probably opt for a 2GB package (unless, of course, I happened to be in position where I could use Wi-Fi quite often).
    yeah, thats where most of the money is being made. Its really hard to gauge data use, so most people will buy more than they might actually need.
    07-23-12 01:35 PM
    $40 for 300mb? Highway robbery.
    its really $40 for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 300mb of data.

I only use 100mb per month because im on wifi 70% of the time and Blackberry's compress data.
    07-24-12 10:21 AM
    its really $40 for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 300mb of data.

I only use 100mb per month because im on wifi 70% of the time and Blackberry's compress data.
    Thanks. Thought that sounded ridiculous.
    07-24-12 12:11 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD