I've been with verizon since early 2005. Left for alltel in 08 and came BACK that same year. Ever since then, EVERY phone I've had...env2, dare, alias, lg 8360, storm and omnia have all experienced dropped calls, call volume and call clarity issue coupled with trouble sending and receiving txt pix and flix messages. Recently, starting with the storm I'm now experiencing deletion of contacts. The reps at the corporate stores say there's nothing else they can do and all reps over the phone wanna send out refurb phones. I'm with Att right now using the bold. I really don't want to pay the ETF over cancelling with the service I've gotten but here I am...

What do I need to do? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 10:34 PM
    Unless there is poor coverage in your area, the only common problem is you which will not get you out of an etf.

If there is poor coverage, why didn't you return the phone within the trial period?

05-02-09 10:42 PM
    AT&T has refurbs for their warranties too...giving customers new phones everytime there is a problem would probably make prices much higher than they are now.
    05-02-09 10:46 PM
    The issues began after the thirty days so I couldn't return the phone. These issues happen regardless of coverage. I spend most of my time at home with FULL 1XEV service. So now I'm the problem, explain that one to me.

05-02-09 10:49 PM
    And I don't have a problem with them sending refurbs. Its just their answer to everything it seems. And since I'm paying over 150 a month I just expected better. Call me crazy.

05-02-09 10:51 PM
    Same problem with all those different phones, I find it hard believe it is not coverage issue. Did you or VZW do a trouble ticket and have network performance check the area and towers? With out this and a statement from them, an ETF is in your future. NO and I mean NO carrier will garrantee service inside any building.

Since you went to ATT and left, I will assume you had teh same problem with as well?

Looking in the network extender, this option might help you
    05-02-09 10:57 PM
    i have to agree with them about calling and having a tech check out the coverage in your area but if that doesnt happen the the easiest way to get out of the etf the is speak to a csr and see if they will allow it under any circumstance if they dont you can always go to the bbb which then file a report explaining that you have had poor coverage at your residence and you are very unhappy with the serive 99% of the time vzw will call you and let you out of your contract without an etf.
    05-02-09 11:07 PM
    I've tried 3 trouble tickets concerning the coverage but nothing has come of them. 2 were never filed even though I was told they would be and the third I'm waiting to hear back about.

I haven't left verizon yet, I said I'm with att. I'm testing them out but so far I've had no issues whatsoever. Everything is fine.

05-03-09 12:10 AM
    Last thing I was told when I called was they would start transferring me to samsung since I use the omnia with vzw.

05-03-09 12:20 AM
    If you havent done it yet, read my post from earlier, it worked like a charm! I got out of my contract without an ETF.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/fa...ntract-219839/

Zach
    05-03-09 02:16 AM
    If you havent done it yet, read my post from earlier, it worked like a charm! I got out of my contract without an ETF.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/fa...ntract-219839/

Zach

Don't believe this joker, he claims to be 17 years old, which means he wouldn't be able to have a contract with Verizon anyway.
    05-03-09 02:31 PM
    05-03-09 02:44 PM
    I say call then get a tech to do a trouble ticket...has to be the area or I heard of the network extender you can buy & it's like a tower in the house supposedly...
    05-03-09 02:48 PM
    And I don't have a problem with them sending refurbs. Its just their answer to everything it seems. And since I'm paying over 150 a month I just expected better. Call me crazy.

You arent "crazy" but your logic is a little snobby. There are companies that pay 150k a month to VZW for cell phones and they get the same treatment that you do when having a warranty issue. Of course we (Verizon Wireless) are going take the needed steps to make you a happy customer but there are limits to everything.

As someone mentioned there is our new network extender which will improve overall service if you are in a challenged area. Another thing to keep in mind is that Verizon adds towers all the time. I know that when i first moved into my new sub-division (6 years ago) i got NO service with verizon...shortly there after they built a new tower near by because it was a new(er) area and now my service is flawless, i havent dropped a call in i dont know how long.
    05-03-09 06:27 PM
    Don't believe this joker, he claims to be 17 years old, which means he wouldn't be able to have a contract with Verizon anyway.
    Not only that the provision in the contract refers to the actual calling plan and not addons. If you look at the way Verizon does things the only thing you're contracted to is a minutes plan. You can add or remove features, add or remove data, raise or lower your plan. They can raise the basic text messaging or data price all they want but you didn't sign a contract for text or data.

I have suspicions about any poster coming here to scream they are leaving Verizon. As if any of us can do anything about it or even care to.

05-03-09 06:58 PM
    worked for me too. Thanks for the info.
    05-04-09 08:10 PM
    Bye. That's all I can say.

05-04-09 09:02 PM
    Is this a I need more money move or what? Sure you want to leave VZW for Sprint? They give away their service and thenout source the service, whats next CS out sourced as well?

Sprint May Outsource Network Operations to Ericsson
    Yesterday, 8:14 PM by Eric M. Zeman

Sprint is currently in negotiations with Ericsson over the outsourcing of its cellular network. Once a deal is struck, Ericsson would gain 5,000 to 7,000 current Sprint employees, and would then be responsible for managing and maintaining the thousands of towers that make up Sprint's cellular network. Sprint would retain ownership of the towers, and would be responsible for making capital investments in new towers. The move is meant to cut costs and free up capital for Sprint. No final announcements have been made, but the Wall Street Journal believes the deal would amount to about $2 billion, which Sprint would pay over a period of several years. It also reports that Sprint could save up to 20% of the operating costs for its network. Lay-offs would likely be involved.
    05-04-09 09:10 PM
    I live in n.y. and never had one problem with verizon. the phone is great and so is the service.
    05-04-09 09:26 PM
    whats next CS out sourced as well?
    Most of theirs already is.

05-04-09 09:37 PM
    Seriously, do not switch to ATT! They are the worst company on the planet as far as I'm concerned. I am in an ongoing battle, if you have any issues, god forbid your phone isn't working properly, but billing, service, etc, they will not help you. They are however very upfront about it, and will just tell you that they won't help, won't get you anyone who will help, and will be glad to transfer you to the cancelation center. I spoke with a guy who had never heard of the department that they said he was in, had no idea what was wrong with my bill, they cut off my three cell phones, home phone, and my wife's phone who worked as legal council to the governor, and just did not care to help. Did not go over well. That guy was actually pretty cool, but told me, "Dude, that's why I am a verizon customer."
    I literally sat on hold, in the store, with a manager, for an hour and 15 minutes, got laughed at and hung up on, and the manager just looked at me like he hated my guts. I'm still bitter, obviously, pissed actually, but they are awful, expensive, and I can't imagine a good choice over any other company. There is nothing in it for me, but if you switch, let me know how long it takes before they ruin your day -> week.

That's honest feedback my friend
    05-04-09 11:20 PM
    I've been with verizon since early 2005. Left for alltel in 08 and came BACK that same year. Ever since then, EVERY phone I've had...env2, dare, alias, lg 8360, storm and omnia have all experienced dropped calls, call volume and call clarity issue coupled with trouble sending and receiving txt pix and flix messages. Recently, starting with the storm I'm now experiencing deletion of contacts. The reps at the corporate stores say there's nothing else they can do and all reps over the phone wanna send out refurb phones. I'm with Att right now using the bold. I really don't want to pay the ETF over cancelling with the service I've gotten but here I am...

What do I need to do? Any help would be appreciated.

Were you having the same issues with ALL these phones???? That sounds like a serious network issue...
    Its highly unlikely that all these phones would be having the same problems and be hardware/software related.
    STILL its no bueno... I'd be a bit aggitated too.
    I live in an area with great vzw coverage, so Ive never had an issue.
    My mom, dad, boyfriend, and daughter all have env2s ( LOVE em )
    My sister has an Omnia and loves it... my other sister and my brother in law have Dares and think they are great.
    I appriciate your irritation of the whole thing but you might want to force tech support to put an NRB ticket in about the whole thing... they SHOULD have done that already. If they havent, they dropped the ball.
    05-04-09 11:33 PM
    Seriously, do not switch to ATT! They are the worst company on the planet as far as I'm concerned. I am in an ongoing battle, if you have any issues, god forbid your phone isn't working properly, but billing, service, etc, they will not help you. They are however very upfront about it, and will just tell you that they won't help, won't get you anyone who will help, and will be glad to transfer you to the cancelation center. I spoke with a guy who had never heard of the department that they said he was in, had no idea what was wrong with my bill, they cut off my three cell phones, home phone, and my wife's phone who worked as legal council to the governor, and just did not care to help. Did not go over well. That guy was actually pretty cool, but told me, "Dude, that's why I am a verizon customer."
    I literally sat on hold, in the store, with a manager, for an hour and 15 minutes, got laughed at and hung up on, and the manager just looked at me like he hated my guts. I'm still bitter, obviously, pissed actually, but they are awful, expensive, and I can't imagine a good choice over any other company. There is nothing in it for me, but if you switch, let me know how long it takes before they ruin your day -> week.

That's honest feedback my friend
    THATS AWSOME!
    Wow, that CS guy sounds like I used to when I did AT&T customer service.
    oh, and heres a bit of "inside" juice...
    AT&T policy dictates that NO CS rep; supervisor; or manager can disconnect a caller. NO MATTER WHAT...
    want proof.. I was a supervisor; gave three warnings and respectfully disconnected the call...
    I got fired the next day...
    and THAT is why I'm a Verizon customer!!!!

again... WOW...
    ps
    I hope you can get things square... I think my head would be spinning...
    05-04-09 11:44 PM
    AT&T sucks.
    I had a customer come in to my Verizon store. She had an AT&T phone in her dad's name for 9 years. paid every bill on time, even added 2 more lines to her dad's account. Her dad passed away last year. She kept the account in his name, no big deal. Somehow AT&T caught wind of her dad's passing and sent her a notice that she had 30 days to switch the service into someone else's name or the phones would be disconnected. In 30 days, AT&T disconnected the phones. She called in and they reactivated the service and tried to put the account in her name. AT&T wanted a $300 deposit per line. She came to Verizon, told me all this before I ran the credit, so I was skeptical. Nobody has a tougher credit check than VZW. Ran the credit, approved for 5 lines, no deposit.

Thank you for sucking AT&T!
    05-05-09 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD