When is Verizon going to add mobile hotspot software to this phone?
    09-27-11 08:11 PM
    No one knows yet.
    09-27-11 08:14 PM
    Hopefully soon. Lacking it big time!
    09-27-11 09:07 PM
    I love my hotspot. I'm glad my phone is not inhibited by mediocre technology.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-27-11 10:50 PM

Love the $20 extra a month and the extra batteries you're carrying around too?..lmao.
    09-28-11 05:42 PM

I am going to get the unlimited hotspot for $30 deal to use with a tab. I read we can still have that.

Also, I got Skype video chat today! Awesome!
    09-28-11 05:53 PM
    I am going to get the unlimited hotspot for $30 deal to use with a tab. I read we can still have that.

Also, I got Skype video chat today! Awesome!
    Have you tried it yet? I wager your TB battery is going to last about 2 hours from my experience...
    09-28-11 05:55 PM
    Yes, I have used it. I dunno. I'm at home so not really concerned about battery use. I'm never really far from an outlet. Batter life isn't really a factor to me, and not people I know.

But, I was on Skype for an hour and batter went down 3%. My battery life is pretty good, and worth the shorter life for everything I can do with my device. In six months, I've never been caught with a dead battery .
    09-28-11 05:57 PM
    Hotspot uses lte + wifi radios at max capacity simultaneously, very different than using Skype...
    09-28-11 06:44 PM
    Oh I thought you were asking about Skype. Yes, I used Mobile Hotspot too. But I had my phone plugged in when using it because it was just sitting there. I had a free trial with it and used it with an ipad and iPhone. Didn't note the battery life. I will take note next time.

In any case, I hope the 9930 gets mobile hotspot. It's nice to have the option when you need it. It's one of the features I'm waiting for on it before I decide to get the 9930.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-28-11 at 07:32 PM.
    09-28-11 06:58 PM
    Love the $20 extra a month and the extra batteries you're carrying around too?..lmao.
    I don't need an extra battery, my phones plugged in when I'm using it. Thanks for your concern.

09-28-11 10:55 PM
    It's RIM, that needs to add Mobile hotspot, AND Verizon. The word is that the RIM side will be done around Dec/Jan, and then IF Verizon allows it, and there is no reason to believe they would not since they charge extra for it, we'll have it around then, once, Verizon certifies the software update.
    09-29-11 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD