What are some of the things that you dislike about Verizon 8830.
    Here are some of mine
    a) No MMS (gotta go to VZWPIX.)
    b) Crappy ring tone volume
    c) Funky color (blue) light on keyboard, hard to see in dim light.
    d) NO GPS
    12-25-07 06:04 PM
    I think everyone is on the same boat who has VZ
    12-26-07 01:34 AM
    ditto, and add no camera
    12-26-07 09:40 PM
    And no integrated TiVO remote.
    12-26-07 09:45 PM
    And no integrated TiVO remote.
    LOL

and it won't make me drink either....
    12-26-07 09:57 PM
    I think everyone is on the same boat who has VZ
    There are STRENGTH in numbers, isn't it about time we the customer make our voices be HEARD collectively? as long as we keep accepting less than the entire package then Verizon will keep offering no more.
    12-27-07 01:57 PM
    Agreed. I'm seriously considering jumping ship and going with a different carrier. My employer is currently mulling over whether they'll pay for a new 8830 for me from...you guessed it: Verizon. If they do, I'll return the one I have (I've got til mid-January to decide), and get a Curve from somewhere else. My 2 years were up back in November and the more I learn about VZW, the less I like 'em. I hate the fact that I have a cool phone that can do things I either can't tap into at all or can only use if I fork over extra money.
    12-27-07 03:38 PM
    Sounds like a no-brainer. have work buy you an 8830, and go get yourself a curve elsewhere!
    12-27-07 04:55 PM
    Add:

No Camera

Not Unlock.
    12-30-07 11:25 PM
    There are STRENGTH in numbers, isn't it about time we the customer make our voices be HEARD collectively? as long as we keep accepting less than the entire package then Verizon will keep offering no
    more.

I can't understand that they can not find a fix for the low ring tone volume. I am about to complain for the 4 time athough the first 3 got me no where.
    12-31-07 12:13 AM
    I definitely don't understand why a device that is orginially priced slightly over $500 does not have a loud enough ringtone volume. I just purchased this phone last week. Overall I like it, but this ringtone issue is unacceptable. I understand that this seems to be specifically an 8830 issue. I def don't want the pearl (because of Suretype) and we all know the Curve seems to be a thing of VZ's imagination. I have until the end of this month to return my BB. Hopefully this issue will be resolved before then, or they'll have the Curve. This is my 1st BB and I def don't want to go back to my RAZR, but at least I was getting what I payed for with it.

My 8830 WE dislikes

crappy ringer volume
    silver housing (i know i can get the black replacement but still)
    extra fee for VZ nav (won't be using it much, but it still should be included with data plan)
    No ringtone app(AT&T has its AT&T mall included in 8820. I miss my VZ Deluxe tones app on my RAZR).

Overall, I just wish VZ wasn't always so far behind with new devices so we'd have more to choose from, and I wish they didn't put restrictions on their devices the way they do.

OK, I'm done venting now...
    01-01-08 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD