Is there some kind of memory card I can add to my bb.

Why would I want to.

What size should I get.

Where can I get them at a good price, I know I buy cards for my psp online since they are alot cheaper there.
    04-19-08 11:28 PM
    Yes.

Save your media (pictures, files, etc.) to it.

4Gb is the max your 8830 will support at this time.

Online is a good place. You're looking for MicroSD
    04-19-08 11:32 PM
    When I purchased my phone, verizon threw in a 1 gig card. But I subsequently purchased an 8gig from them using my corp discount. Now, as noted above, so far only 4 gigs may be used but I'm ready IF Rim and Verizon upgrade to the new OS which will supposedly allow larger cards.
    04-19-08 11:34 PM
    How much are these cards and is there a specific model number or something i should serach for. im prob gonan get it online. 4 gb should be big enough for everythin right?>
    04-20-08 12:27 AM
    Anyone know if the curve and 8830 use the same sd card. Also is 8 the biggest. Also will the curve support 8 and if not can I still use it, just with the bb reading it as a 4.
    04-20-08 12:42 AM
    Are those questions? You have periods at the end so I assume they're statements. Since you are new, I would recommend that you go up to the top and check out the links under the newbies section.
    04-20-08 12:53 AM
    Im just not a conteintous typer. Plus I cant spell so that might not be right either haha.

They were questions sorry. Appreciate all the help here.
    04-20-08 01:00 AM
    Neither the Curve or the 8830 will support cards larger than 4gb.
    04-20-08 01:03 AM
    yuck. do they use the same cards though so that i can just buy one now and then switch it out to my curve when i get it.
    04-20-08 01:06 AM
    Yes. They both use the same type of card. The limit is because of the OS. The next OS update for the Curve will allow for larger cards beyond 4gb. There is no word yet when it will be out so please do not ask.
    04-20-08 01:15 AM
    but if i get an 8 gig card i can still use it, just as a 4 gig. when is the curve even coming out haha.
    04-20-08 02:24 AM
    I have a 2 gig & its plenty of space for me. i think i bought on tigerdirect.com, but you can look at your local circulars cause there always on sale. But i save ringtones, pictures, themes, & wallpapers to it. Works great. Other wise if you save to your phone it will slow it down.
    04-20-08 08:46 AM
    Depends on how much stuff you intend to store on your card.
    I have a 1G and still have 758MB free. LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-08 09:33 AM
    I use the card for mostly music so I have lots of choices for the gym - the BB is better than my harddisk MP3 player for active environments since the SD card is not spinning. I also have a few movies/tv shows on the card. And recently added Trekbuddy which does allow you to download maps in advance to use with a gps.

The card is so tiny, I did not want to be in the position of swapping cards and possibly losing one - so I went with the larger 8gig hoping that Verizon will offer the new OS and support eventually.
    04-20-08 10:28 AM
    but if i get an 8 gig card i can still use it, just as a 4 gig. when is the curve even coming out haha.
    I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. An 8gb media card will not work. Don't get an 8gb card.
    04-20-08 12:01 PM
    when adding music/movies/ringtones to the card, can you do it from the phone via USB or do you need to remove it and load/unload it from a reader?

I ask because I'm planning on grabbing a Curve tonight but I'm coming from an LG VX8100 where I had to use software and a serial cable/reader setup to load my own ringtones and media onto it - I'm hoping I can just connect the BB via USB and drag/drop the media to its respective folders (assuming there is a folder structure in place).
    05-12-08 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD