My 8830 keeps clearing out its call log without any assistance from me. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-07 12:45 AM
    I had that problem. It happened every morning 3 days in a row, then it stopped. I didn't think too much of it as I dropped my phone the day before it started. No damage, thank goodness. J.
    10-25-07 01:56 PM
    Mine does that too, and I think at the same time it wipes out all history of SMS/BB messenger/ and MSN messages in my messages list... I usually have to do a hard reboot to be able to receive texts again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-07 02:18 PM
    go to options >Status

and see how much file free memory you have

if ti says 0 then you need to do a soft reset . while the phone is turned off remove the battery for a few seconds then replace it .

once the phone boots back up go back to options and status and then see the file free you should have alot more then you started with

one of the reasons this is happening is that your device is low on ram

in order to clear up more space so your call logs and emails andd txt mesages dont get deleted is to remove older Emails and clear the cache operations on your device

go to the browser then press the menu key >options >Cache operations > Clear History

then go to media and see if you have any pix , videos,ring tones,and music

if you have any items stored in any of these it is eating up your memory

i would go get a memory card and store all of the apps on the media card to free up the space on your device

also try and delete old email messages that could be another factor as to why you are low on RAM

be aware of the emails that have attachments on them as they also are prolly the ones eating up alot of the ram on your device

blackberry would like you to have around 8-9 MB free on your device for it to load up and work at it's peak

if you are a pack rat and like to store alot of old emails and txt messages just back up all of your txt messages and Emails useing your desktop manager that way you still have all of your stuff and you keep your Device RAM clean and clear
    08-26-08 07:24 AM
    CrazyMan5150: The OP you're answering is from almost a year ago, but you were on the right track with your answer. The Memory Optimization Procedure in my sig collects a lot of your suggestions into a consistent, logical approach that's easy to use. If you're not familiar with it, take a look.
    08-26-08 08:45 AM
    but i needed to get at least 10 posts in so i could post links LOL and Memory seems to allways be an issue with BB so a lil extra reading can go a long way
    08-27-08 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD