I have verizon, and I need to fix my ringback hubby is agervated by the default (didn't know it did a default if I didn't pick one). My computer is winging its way to be fixed

Soooo I can only fix it on my bb but it says I have to have adobe flash and I can't seem to get it - any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 10:50 PM
    Use the VCast Ringtone application, I don't currently remember the name of the application, but you should be able to change it from there.
    08-01-10 10:52 PM
    you can change ring tones or ring backs by using v cast?? I have to change the music heard when you call me- currently its apparently and I quote 'that crappy music they played in die hard in the background during the Christmas party' or something... LOL

I dont know why I shouldnt be able to get into the stupid verizon wireless site! aaarrrrrrrrgggggggg
    08-01-10 10:56 PM
    Ring tones and ring backs are two entirely different things. Ringtones are something that lives on your phone that it plays when you get a call. Ringback is a feature implemented in the cellular system to specify what callers hear when they call you, and is totally unrelated to what model phone you are using. Callers will hear your ringback even if your phone is turned off, at least until the system determines that your phone is unreachable and forwards the call to voice mail. As I understand it, you have to pick your ringback from a list determined by the provider; you can't just upload your own.

The OP is complaining that the VZW web site to set up ringbacks is flash-based, and thus cannot be accessed from their Blackberry. I don't think the ringtone application deals with ringbacks.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 08-02-10 at 01:09 PM.
    08-02-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD