I have had my 8330 for almost two years now. About a month ago vzw issued a replacement 8330 for me because the charging port went out. Since then I have had nothing but problems with my refurb 8330. Sound doesn't work correctly, speaker phone comes on and work turn off, keys stick, phone re-boots it self constantly. Overall it is not the same experience I had been having with my other 8330. So now I am asking what/where I can go from here. I am unhappy but not sure how or where to proceed from here. Any ideas/advice would be welcome. Thanks everyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 06:46 AM
    I have had my 8330 for almost two years now. About a month ago vzw issued a replacement 8330 for me because the charging port went out. Since then I have had nothing but problems with my refurb 8330. Sound doesn't work correctly, speaker phone comes on and work turn off, keys stick, phone re-boots it self constantly. Overall it is not the same experience I had been having with my other 8330. So now I am asking what/where I can go from here. I am unhappy but not sure how or where to proceed from here. Any ideas/advice would be welcome. Thanks everyone.

I have also been going through the same issues. I have had them send me 5 refurbished 8330's over the last 4 months. (data port, charging port, vibe function, data port, no browser...) While I admit any help is better than most of the other companies would provide considering I'm well past the 1 year warranty period, it is very frustrating. My latest resolution was with tech support. They provided me with a $50 credit on my account towards a new phone. Now if RIM/VZW would just release the 9650 I would have my resolution.
    I have found VZW to be very understanding as long as you present your case in a tactful manner. I am very persistent, but also very considerate of the VZW rep I am speaking with. It is Verizon's motto to take care of your issue the 1st time and they do care if you are not satisfied. Bottom line is they will work with you as long as it is a reasonable request.

hope this helps...
    03-26-10 07:44 AM
    Ok I am the primary and only line on my account. So that means I could get a new phone? I would simply like a new phone that works. Idk! So lost.

03-26-10 11:24 AM
    Two choices...go to Verizon and get another replacement device; or grab a new device as your upgrade and you'll be subject to a 2 year contract commitment.

Unfortunately, these devices are not built to last forever, and the charging ports on Blackberry devices are prone to damage. I had 2 8830s do the same thing.

Frustrating, for sure.
    Last edited by limegrass69; 03-26-10 at 12:21 PM.
    03-26-10 12:18 PM
    Don't you get a 30 day warranty on the replacement they send you?
    Mine arrived with a busted memory card slot and they overnighted a replacement.
    03-26-10 12:46 PM
    Just keep trying. Is your upgrade date ready to go? Maybe you can upgrade now? Another option would be to spend a bit on a Tour off eBay/CL and then just wait for the 9650.
    03-26-10 01:13 PM
    Just keep trying. Is your upgrade date ready to go? Maybe you can upgrade now? Another option would be to spend a bit on a Tour off eBay/CL and then just wait for the 9650.
    I'd keep trying as well. Have a device in your hand that works as it should. When the 9650 (or whatever) drops, then you can make a new decision.
    03-26-10 03:17 PM
    Why don't you call Verizon instead of speculating?

03-29-10 08:08 AM
    Why don't you call Verizon instead of speculating?

+1..............
    03-29-10 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD