Ok I am a new BB user, I purchased my first BB a few weeks ago, a curve 8330 for VZW. From the very beginning I have been plagued by the hourglass and it is continually getting worse. I have very few apps, CB launcher, live search, epocrates, and opera mini. I clear my internet history/cache/cookies fairly often. Even if nothing is running, browser and all other apps closed, the hourglass rolls on the homescreen and locks up on a regular basis. Any suggestions here?
    06-06-09 11:39 AM
    i would try wiping it! back it up first then wipe it.
    06-06-09 11:41 AM
    This happened to me twice. Both times, I opened the back, pulled the battery out, waited a few secs and put it back in.

Everything worked fine afterwards.
    06-06-09 11:45 AM
    What is your file free memory at now? Go to options>status and post that number here...
    06-06-09 12:00 PM
    The problem, more than likely, is Epocrates. While Epocrates is a great app for health care professionals, it is a huge resource hog. My wife was having the same problem with her 8330 and we discovered it was Epocrates trying to update. Set Epocrates to update during hours that you will not be using the device. If you happen to be using your 8330 while it updates it will cause the hourglass and the lockups.
    Last edited by cenloe; 06-06-09 at 12:22 PM.
    06-06-09 12:20 PM
    My available space is 1.8GB and my free space is 1.6GB. I will check out the epocrates update time and update on that. I really hate to get rid of epocrates as I am a nursing student and its a great resource.
    06-06-09 11:33 PM
    My available space is 1.8GB and my free space is 1.6GB. I will check out the epocrates update time and update on that. I really hate to get rid of epocrates as I am a nursing student and its a great resource.
    That is your media card space. There is not 1.6GB to be had in your system memory.

System>Options>Status

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 12:12 AM
    More like 1.6 or 1.8 mb unless you are talking about the media card. Yep I have epocrates too and it takes up some space. If you truly have 1.6-1.8 mb device memory then you need to do some cleaning. If you have themes, apps you don't use then they need to go. Also make sure pics are saved to media card.
    06-07-09 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD