So my family is going to be switching to Verizon in about a months time from AT&T and have been looking up phones and plans for the last few days. Well today found a present surprise of the Curve 8330 price has dropped from $99.99 to $79.99 with 2-year contract. Think this is a sign of a new Blackberry phone coming fairly soon?

No whether or not I should hold out...
    01-16-09 07:19 PM
    Considering the Pearls were just $19.99 2 weeks ago and the Curves $79.99 now. I think it's a definite sign of things to come.

With that said, there are no official release dates for any other blackberries. Even if there were, no employee on this message board could post an ETA without risking their jobs.

My opinion is pretty much the same as others however...we prob will see 2 or 3 new models in 2009. But question is how long can you hold out for a Blackberry? This is the lowest cost for the curve now, maybe you should scoop one up. I really don't think you'll see it go any lower until the next model comes out. And just because there is an upgraded model doesn't mean the existing model goes on clearance. Alot of times VZW has a tendacy of just phasing the older models out. This holds very true for data devices...you don't see deals for BOGO Blackberries. Nor will you ever see "Buy the new LG 100000000 and get a BB Curve for free".

I promise you this much now....get the curve today, upgrade in a year. This time next year, that fancy new BB you're patiently waiting on now will be reduced during the post-holiday season with expectation of 2-3 new BB's for 2010. It's a neverending cycle!
    01-16-09 09:24 PM
    As said many times, you simply can not go wrong with a curve. Excellent device that gets the job done.
    01-16-09 09:27 PM
    I love my curve. Get the curve, it is a great stable phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 09:30 PM
    Considering the Pearls were just $19.99 2 weeks ago and the Curves $79.99 now. I think it's a definite sign of things to come.

With that said, there are no official release dates for any other blackberries. Even if there were, no employee on this message board could post an ETA without risking their jobs.

My opinion is pretty much the same as others however...we prob will see 2 or 3 new models in 2009. But question is how long can you hold out for a Blackberry? This is the lowest cost for the curve now, maybe you should scoop one up. I really don't think you'll see it go any lower until the next model comes out. And just because there is an upgraded model doesn't mean the existing model goes on clearance. Alot of times VZW has a tendacy of just phasing the older models out. This holds very true for data devices...you don't see deals for BOGO Blackberries. Nor will you ever see "Buy the new LG 100000000 and get a BB Curve for free".

I promise you this much now....get the curve today, upgrade in a year. This time next year, that fancy new BB you're patiently waiting on now will be reduced during the post-holiday season with expectation of 2-3 new BB's for 2010. It's a neverending cycle!
    Actually, at Verizon Wireless inside Circuit City, the Blackberry Pearl is a bogo at $19.99 after $70 mail in rebate on a new 2 yr agreement. Circuit City won't be around much longer, but still the Pearls are on bogo...
    01-16-09 10:11 PM
    A $19.99 pearl BOGO is a great deal! Getting a Blackberry in a BOGO is a rare treat that any perspective BB owner should consider.

However I was implying that it's doubtful you'll see a Blackberry as the throw-in freebie in conjunction of a BOGO. You prob won't see the "Buy any phone for $49.99 and get up to 3 Blackberry Pearls/Curves for free".
    01-16-09 10:22 PM
    If your family is switching and you need a phone, get the curve---who knows when VZW will release another blackberry, they are still eating up all the publicity and recognition they got from the storm. It will be at least 6 months, IMO, before another blackberry hits VZW.
    01-16-09 10:40 PM
    Curve! Great choice!

01-17-09 12:41 PM
    Go for the Curve at that price. It's a great phone with so many capabilties. Mine has been extremely reliable with no problems. I've had it since August 08. You won't regret it.

01-17-09 02:22 PM
    yeah, I'll most likely will get the Curve. Played with the Storm in store and just wasn't feeling it, I like my keyboard. Just a little envious of the 8900 Curve on t-mobile I suppose lol.
    01-17-09 03:05 PM
    Hi every1-yep I wuld def say 2go with the curve-got mine online for 1yr $135 w/a $70 mail in rebate! Wen I 1st saw the pearl I wantd that bad-but I'm glad I waitd little longer for the pink curve-love it! And like evry1 else says-gets the job done! Good luck!

01-18-09 09:00 PM
    Get the curve. Just got mine two weeks ago and can't imagine being without it. I did talk my VZW rep down from $79 to $49. I used to work in sales and if you say the right things, you can get a great deal!
    01-19-09 09:08 AM
    When I pulled up the Curve ealier today, I noticed it was only on the PINK Curve. The Silver was still at $99
    01-19-09 09:55 AM
    I only paid 39.99 for mine thru best buy mobile back in October.

They always have good deals there
    01-19-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD