I have a question about my Verizon 8330 Curve.

I noticed that Sprint and US Cellulars have 8330 and 8330m which is different when it comes to OS downloads and installs since they are NOT compatible with each other.

I have a 8330 with Verizon the ESN is a short DEC 076 etc.

I was wanting to know to update my OS I know I can download any OS delete the vender.xml file and go to go, BUT since I am a short ESN of 076 do I download the normal 8330os or did Verizon pull a fast one and I have an 8330m model.

I am thinking I have the normal 8330 since my ESN is short, but I dont know if Verizon has any 8330 with the new 268 long esn for M models.

Please let me know which one I should download so I do not mess up my phone.

Thanks for your help CrackBerry land.
    10-15-09 04:57 PM
    thanks guys
    10-17-09 07:20 AM
    As far as I know Verizon never had an "m" model.
    I always use the OS for the 8330 period. No matter what. I dont want to mess anything up because if I'm just doing a nice short and sweet OS update I dont want to end up having to reload and unbrick. I would play it safe and only use OS versions for the 8330.
    As for your ESNdec number? 076 sounds like one of our berries you are good.
    NOW; if you are brave and have time. Hit it up and try it out. Make sure you delete your vendor file ( you knew that ) and make sure you have a couple hours to kill and that you've synced or backed up prior. One day I will take my own advice and not do OS upgrades or reloads at 10p or later on days I have to work.
    Happy loading!
    10-17-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD