I pretty much kill the battery every day with what i consider moderate use. An hour of talk time, some web browsing, a lot of SMS but zero multimedia (music or videos). It loses 10-20% overnight with every app closed that I can close.

VZ Nav is a major drain because it keeps the LCD alive no matter what, bit even wotj that turned off I'm getting like 30-40 minutes of talk time plus an hour or two of web browsing before the battery is nearly kaput.
    05-18-08 04:40 AM
    If you are looking to change your battery, try seidio. You will love. A little bit pricy, but it worth it .
    05-18-08 11:44 AM
    I just plug mine in before bed that way when I wake up it is 100 %. Lasts me all day and I am a heavy user. By night I usually have 40% available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 12:21 PM
    I'm the same way. Heavy web, camera, and messaging with about an hour of talk. I plug in overnight and by the end of the day I'm down around 30%. Also be cognizant of signal strength. A poor signal will drain the battery faster.

05-18-08 01:28 PM
    I've noticed the poor battery life with mine too. I might pick up a spare battery.
    05-18-08 03:11 PM
    Yes you should put it in standby mode it will help you save a lot more

05-18-08 07:55 PM
    I bought an extra charging pod that I have right next to my bed. Before going to bed I just put my phone on "vibrate" and that way if I need to have access to it immediately, it is right there by my side. The charging pods are relatively inexpensive in my opinion, and the bonus of a fully charged phone in the morning is well worth the cost of the extra charger.
    05-18-08 08:04 PM
    You shouldn't loose 20% overnight. Something is on and running that shouldn't be. I personally don't lose any % overnight. 20% indicates something is wrong.
    05-18-08 11:58 PM
    I've noticed the poor battery life with mine too. I might pick up a spare battery.
    My 8830WE lasted 2 days with my usage-
    My Curve last and cuts it close up to one day
    05-19-08 04:39 PM
    Sounds like this is a fairly normal thing then. Thanks.

BTW, the 20% figure I posted is a night that I'd left the browser running in the background, 10% is about average now. Never 0% - don't see how that can be if it's turned on!

What is standby mode, the "off" button that shuts it down but doesn't reboot the whole thing like pulling the battery out does? Can't take advantage of that because I need it to ring overnight.
    05-19-08 07:43 PM
    Sounds like this is a fairly normal thing then. Thanks.

BTW, the 20% figure I posted is a night that I'd left the browser running in the background, 10% is about average now. Never 0% - don't see how that can be if it's turned on!

What is standby mode, the "off" button that shuts it down but doesn't reboot the whole thing like pulling the battery out does? Can't take advantage of that because I need it to ring overnight.
    "Standyby" mode is done by pressing the "mute" button on the top of the phone. When it is in standby it will still alert you to phone calls, texts, emails, etc., depending on what profile you have active. By all means use that feature in the night, as it just saves battery power, but also allows you to be alerted as needed.
    05-19-08 08:21 PM
    At first I thought my battery life was sort of short,but I then realized it was my school. When I stayed in areas where I got decent signal a majority of the day, I went down only to 75% which was great with all the texting, surfing, and various other things I put this thing through!

05-20-08 12:09 PM
    Thanks Delgimo, that wasn't mentioned in the Verizon manual, I thought it only muted the mic. Becomes the standby key when you aren't on a call, very cool.
    05-20-08 01:07 PM
    I'm the same way. Heavy web, camera, and messaging with about an hour of talk. I plug in overnight and by the end of the day I'm down around 30%. Also be cognizant of signal strength. A poor signal will drain the battery faster.

What's considered poor signal strength?
    01-13-09 01:25 PM
    Yeah I have mine on standby mode all night and some parts of the day (whenever I'm not using it). Also turn of the green blinking coverage indicator light, it's helped me.
    01-13-09 02:59 PM
    Good signal is generally considered between 50-90dBm. Anything higher will tax your battery.

01-13-09 04:14 PM
    My friend had issues with his Curve dying quickly after the latest Verizon OS update. We went in and set his GPS back to 911 only and he said it has been lasting much longer.
    01-13-09 04:39 PM
    I've had low battery problems since the day I've had my. I figured maybe I was just using it too much (Hah!), but there have been days where I actually don't touch it (almost unheard of for a CrackBerry user) and I'll be down to 30% by the early evening. Just today, after an hour taking it off the charger, I was down to 90% and I hadn't even started using it!

So, I'm picking up a new battery today. Thank goodness for warranties!
    01-13-09 04:44 PM
    I've had low battery problems since the day I've had my. I figured maybe I was just using it too much (Hah!), but there have been days where I actually don't touch it (almost unheard of for a CrackBerry user) and I'll be down to 30% by the early evening. Just today, after an hour taking it off the charger, I was down to 90% and I hadn't even started using it!

So, I'm picking up a new battery today. Thank goodness for warranties!
    Dont be disapointed if the new battery only helps a little bit. I went back & got a new battery as well & it only helped a little. At this point, I've tried everything to keep it charged & it just drains. My friends have this phone & they dont have this problem. I swear some of these phones must have bugs that others dont. How else can you explain it? Brand new phone, with 2 brand new batteries & it's not better???
    01-13-09 05:32 PM
    Anyone help me answer this: My curve (1 week old) was fully charged last night- I turned it OFF- in the morning, when I turned it back on, it was down to 50%???
    05-30-09 07:39 PM
    When you "turn it off" by holding down the red button, you are not actually turning it off. That is a low power sleep mode, but there is some drain. The only way to truly turn it off, is pull the battery, or install Quick Pull or some other software that really does turn it off.

That said, there's no way you could lose 50% of charge when in sleep mode overnight. Probably a bad battery.
    05-30-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD