I have had my 8130 since November. And in about January it started doing the memory leakage etc..wasn't really a big deal at the time but then it got worst and worst and worst to where I could'nt get calls at all, I was not getting text messges only emails and not all of those, it would run real slow, and my call list would be gone.

I understand that the call list and the missing txt messages was part of the memory issue but not getting them at all??? So I finally go frustrated one day because I have to communicate thur txt and email at work I called verizon one day the lady wasn't helpful at all, another week goes by and I call back again this time they were REAL helpful first guy spent about 10-15 min with me couldn't get it then apologized and passed it on to someone else who was also helpful who spent about another 30-40 minuets trouble shooting with me. He fixed part of my txt messaging issue but I still was not able to recieve regular txts only mm messages.

So another couple of days I take it into the store they look at it mess around with it try sending txt message no luck, the manager looks at and says you have too much stuff on it your memory card is barley full are you sure your saving it to the card and not the phone. Low and behold he pulls the card out all my images, videos go, a few programs etc. His jaw dropped next words out of his mouth send him a new phone.

A few days later I get the new phone and its been working great until the past week its starting up again I'm not getting calls/ txts again now my alarm is not going off, im not getting any notifications what so ever. I love my blackberry to death I dont know how I got along without it before but I think I may need to switch to something else if I continue to have all these problems!!

Has anyone else had this many issues and on multiple phones? What should my next course of action be? How many phones do I have to to go thru before I can say may I please have a totally differnt phone? Any help is appreciated and sorry for any misspellings! I type faster then I can think sometimes
    04-22-08 01:16 PM
    I don't know, but you're making me scared! I just got my Pearl two weeks ago and I can't figure out why it's not ringing anymore. I have to keep it on vibrate or I have no clue when I'm getting a call. UGH!!

Terri
    04-22-08 02:28 PM
    I don't know, but you're making me scared! I just got my Pearl two weeks ago and I can't figure out why it's not ringing anymore. I have to keep it on vibrate or I have no clue when I'm getting a call. UGH!!

Terri
    Have you set up your profiles wrong? My mom's Pearl wouldn't ring - it turns out her "normal" profile didn't have a ring set.
    04-22-08 04:06 PM
    im having the same problem i have missed all ym calls and everything and its driving me nuts anyone know a fix
    10-05-08 08:21 PM
    There are lots of things to help the memory. One is click on the red link in my signature. With VZW make sure you have the current OS on your deivce.

This can be check under options>about. On the third line doesn you will see the OS version. I believe this should be 4.3.0.97. If not you can go here to get it and install though your Desktop Manager with Application loader.

VZW Blackberry OS Updates
    10-05-08 08:31 PM
    ive been having the same issues with my pearl not rigning, damn that is annoying. i noticed that it started when i got my SDcard, i have 2 gigs of music on it and if i set any song from the card as my ringtone IT WILL NOT RING!! so im kinda stuck now with all the lame built in device ringers, i guess it could be worse but im still annoyed
    12-01-08 09:14 PM
    Have you tried just resetting the phone every once in awhile. I have mine set to shut off at night and turn back on in the morning with the alarm, I'm running 4.5.0.94 right now I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD