I recently bought a vzw 8130 pearl. to this point in time, i love it. just a few questions. every time i sync with desktop, my wall paper pic resets to the bb theme of bluw sky. i have to re put my custom pic back. is there any way to prevent this? second, i guess by default it checks my yahoo mail and hotmail account every 15 min or so. is there any way to change this time between checks or alter it in any way? i would love to check every few hours on some of my accounts thhey are not that important. lastly, why when i send sms text messages does it place a check with i capital d above the check , and other texts, it is just a check. theese are regular sms texts not pin texts or e mail??

thanx

sean
    04-01-08 06:50 PM
    every time i sync with desktop, my wall paper pic resets to the bb theme of bluw sky. i have to re put my custom pic back. is there any way to prevent this?
    Put the pic on the phone's internal memory. This is documented in several other threads.

is there any way to change this time between checks or alter it in any way?
    Not that I know of.

why when i send sms text messages does it place a check with i capital d above the check , and other texts, it is just a check. theese are regular sms texts not pin texts or e mail??
    I believe this is just a Verizon thing.
    04-01-08 07:11 PM
    thanx very much.
    as far as the text messaging goes i wonder if the D is for texting in the vzw network? is this a way of knowing if this is a vzw customer?
    04-01-08 07:25 PM
    thanx very much.
    as far as the text messaging goes i wonder if the D is for texting in the vzw network? is this a way of knowing if this is a vzw customer?
    D stands for delivered, the rest is absolutely correct.
    04-01-08 07:33 PM
    I never texted someone outside of Verizon so I don't know if the D shows up only on Verizon or not. It indicates the recipient's phone has received the text msg. It doesn't mean they have read it.

If the recipients phone is off or not in a service area, you will see the check but not the D.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 06:53 AM
    The D only shows up when you text someone who is also using Verizon. When you send the text, it will be just a check. When it's delivered to the recipients phone, it will display a D. Again, this only works with other Verizon users AND it doesn't mean they read the text only that it was delivered to their phone.
    04-02-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD