I recently logged into my mom's account via the Verizon website to see about maybe upgrading her family share minutes and noticed a couple of odd charges/services. She has two voyagers on her line and one of them was set up with the $15.00 per month VCast, data and text plan. Back in January, my stepdad called and cancelled the package off of his phone and never told my mom. She kept paying her bill as usual. When I noticed that he had not used the package plan I told her to ask my stepdad if he needs it since he hasn't been utilizing it. He then informed her that he had cancelled that service.

I had her call VZW's 611 number to which she spent close to 2 hours being transferred back and forth. She finds out that she is being charged the package for both phones. Back in Feb. I used her upgrade to get the storm and gave her my voyager and I told the rep at the store that she does not any sort of text or data package. She barely knows how to retrieve a text let alone surf the internet on her phone. The rep on the phone tells her that they will not credit her back for the package charges on both phones. The best they could do is credit her for my stepdad's package since he did call to cancel and they never did it. She told them that she never authorized the additional package on her line and they told her that they CAN'T do anything about it. They said that we would have to talk to the rep at the store and if he wants to credit it he can.

My question is, isn't 611 considered corporate headquarters? I've never been told to go into a store and basically ask the rep to please credit my account. I was under the impression that 611 is the be all and end all of service when it comes to Verizon. Am I wrong? Any help would be appreciated. I'm debating on whether to call tomorrow and speak to them myself or to go into the store. I just find it appalling that 611 would "pass the buck" and make a loyal customer with numerous services drive into a store because "they can't help," especially when we never authorized the addition of a package.

I apologize if this is in the wrong place but I thank you for any help you can provide.

-Liv
    04-28-09 11:38 PM
    I recently logged into my mom's account via the Verizon website to see about maybe upgrading her family share minutes and noticed a couple of odd charges/services. She has two voyagers on her line and one of them was set up with the $15.00 per month VCast, data and text plan. Back in January, my stepdad called and cancelled the package off of his phone and never told my mom. She kept paying her bill as usual. When I noticed that he had not used the package plan I told her to ask my stepdad if he needs it since he hasn't been utilizing it. He then informed her that he had cancelled that service.

I had her call VZW's 611 number to which she spent close to 2 hours being transferred back and forth. She finds out that she is being charged the package for both phones. Back in Feb. I used her upgrade to get the storm and gave her my voyager and I told the rep at the store that she does not any sort of text or data package. She barely knows how to retrieve a text let alone surf the internet on her phone. The rep on the phone tells her that they will not credit her back for the package charges on both phones. The best they could do is credit her for my stepdad's package since he did call to cancel and they never did it. She told them that she never authorized the additional package on her line and they told her that they CAN'T do anything about it. They said that we would have to talk to the rep at the store and if he wants to credit it he can.

My question is, isn't 611 considered corporate headquarters? I've never been told to go into a store and basically ask the rep to please credit my account. I was under the impression that 611 is the be all and end all of service when it comes to Verizon. Am I wrong? Any help would be appreciated. I'm debating on whether to call tomorrow and speak to them myself or to go into the store. I just find it appalling that 611 would "pass the buck" and make a loyal customer with numerous services drive into a store because "they can't help," especially when we never authorized the addition of a package.

I apologize if this is in the wrong place but I thank you for any help you can provide.

-Liv
    There is a civil war going on within Verizon Wireless between the Corporate stores and the call centers. Now, when you dial *611 there is a good chance that you are speaking to an outsourced rep, i.e. not a verizon employee. Even still, corporate call centers have a policy called "first touch resolution" which means if you call them with a problem, they are to fix it right then. However, most of these reps will still pass the buck.

Here is the problem with your situation. More than likely, there is a signature in the system in which either the account holder of the full acess contact authorized the package. And if you didnt, the burden of proof is on you. Now, from VZW's standpoint, and from my own, I would ask why you never look at your bill. You are responsible for looking at your own bill and assuring everything is valid. So if its been that long and you are just now bringing it to our attention, what are we supposed to do?

And in the future, always go back to the store that sold you the phone. Its just easier for you. Ive called in many times and gotten the run around and hung up on and I wonder how we achieved such a high customer satisfaction rating. I know in every store Ive worked in, the cust service has been top notch. Ive rarely had a fellow employee help me out when I have to call in.

and *611 isnt considered corporate headquarters. Stores do not answer to them in any way, shape, or form.
    04-28-09 11:54 PM
    I agree with Thick regarding the Civil War. It's not really apparent to most customers, but I think that most employees get it. I think it should die down more now due to the ending of the free month of VCAST VPAK. Store reps routinely add that to customers accounts either without telling them or by saying "oh its free for a month" and not disclosing they have to call and remove it. I've been in stores and have spoken to reps who say that they do it.

I think the basic lack of policy training in stores it what alarms me and causes problems. It's really no problem of the store reps but in CS Call Centers we get 18 weeks of training regarding policies, procedures, assisted call taking etc. Reps in the stores routinely change price plans on demand when a customer comes in with overage (making it even more of a mess). Again, I'm sure there are store reps who can say how CS messes things up.
    04-29-09 04:55 AM
    It like they aren't toe same company. The stores suck and the service is worse.
    04-29-09 08:28 AM
    If I were you I would visit the corporate store that you went to when you had the voyager activated on your mother's line. Explain to their customer service the situation and have them check the data usage on your mother's line. If they see that there was no data used than they should be able to put a credit through for your mother.

Store error, therefore that store is responsible for pushing the credit through.
    04-29-09 09:19 AM
    Thanks for the prompt replies and advice. I called into 611 today when I left the office and explained the situation. The lady I spoke too was apologetic at my mother getting the run around yesterday. She credited her account the overage charges for both lines. I was just, as was she, that I was directed to go back to the store instead of having the situation remedied through them.

Again, than you for the help.

-Liv

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by livvielove; 04-29-09 at 07:14 PM.
    04-29-09 07:11 PM
    What a shame also that people do not review their bill they just pay it. Not to say there was not an error made here, but if it caught right away and not months later, it is easier to deal with.
    04-29-09 07:48 PM
    I, too, go through this in my store ALL THE TIME... We have gotten accustomed (sp?) of how to word our remarks, or what to inform the customer to say, that might help plead their case and get the necessary credits. I think they should do away the he said / she said and just re-prioritize the internal budgeting policies/guidelines. Stores have such a tight budget that we really have no room to extend all the courtesy we would like to... even when it is nothing more than correcting our own mistake.
    04-29-09 11:42 PM
    I, too, go through this in my store ALL THE TIME... We have gotten accustomed (sp?) of how to word our remarks, or what to inform the customer to say, that might help plead their case and get the necessary credits. I think they should do away the he said / she said and just re-prioritize the internal budgeting policies/guidelines. Stores have such a tight budget that we really have no room to extend all the courtesy we would like to... even when it is nothing more than correcting our own mistake.

definately true. And while store managers have zero problem fixing an account that a rep messed up, there needs to be a better way to go about getting customer's bill re-rates. We have a department that we send them to and they forward all of them right back to us. And this is about issues that had nothing to do with the store. Ive seen IN calling just mysteriously fall off a customer's plan and cause massive overages. A store can only credit $250 per customer/month. And we do have a tight budget and Manager's bonuses are affected by how well they manage that budget.

In the Northeast, we had few problems dealing with customer service, except when we would get an outsourced rep who isnt a VZW employee. Since Ive moved down South, its been a struggle.
    04-29-09 11:47 PM
    Yeah, we dont really have that issue in the West area. We always get the same call centers ranging from Bellevue, WA down to Chandler, AZ (love talking to that center, they ACTUALLY know what they are talking about almost every time... no offense, don't know what you do for the company) =)
    04-30-09 12:05 AM
    here is the deal....everything done in a store requires a signature

if something is done in the store and its documented that it was on the account when the recipt was printed and signed, that is a binding agreement that you added it. they won't apply a credit for any more than maybe one bill cycle. you have to dispute the feature addition through the store manager to override your signature on the agreement basically...
    04-30-09 12:25 AM
    [QUOTE=patches152;2430167]here is the deal....everything done in a store requires a signature

Not entirely true Patches. Esn changes can be processed in more than one way... and if you use Infodesk, it doesn't require a signature... and definitely doesn't capture one electronically. Faster process, but leaves liability holes in the long run.
    04-30-09 12:37 AM
    [QUOTE=VerizonTechie;2430263]
    here is the deal....everything done in a store requires a signature

Not entirely true Patches. Esn changes can be processed in more than one way... and if you use Infodesk, it doesn't require a signature... and definitely doesn't capture one electronically. Faster process, but leaves liability holes in the long run.
    touche, i stand corrected. forgot about that one. it SHOULD require a signature then, eh? better?
    04-30-09 12:46 AM
    no worries. I agree... too many things to go wrong when signatures can be ignored. reps start slamming customers, features get changed incorrectly but not caught nor fixed... WAYYY too many scenarios possible there. I am the one in my location that usually ends up fixing everyone else's mistakes
    04-30-09 01:10 AM
    I recently received a call from a Customer in my CC and the customer was confused because she went in with her own aircard and wanted to switch one of her secondary lines and activate her aircard on the line. The rep insisted this was not possible and said she had to sign up for a 2y agreement and get a new number even with her own equipment.

Should I have just accepted responsibility and d/c'd the line? Waived the termination fee, activation fee etc? What I did do was call the store, spoke to the rep, then his manager and him d/c'd the line, waived fees and I processed the ESN change to the BBA plan for the customer.

The rep in the store said he'd never heard that if customers bring in their own equipment we don't require contracts.
    04-30-09 02:23 AM
    You need to take responsiblity for your own bill and the charges! Why blame a call center rep or the store.YOU are the one in charge of your bill and the charges...grow up!
    04-30-09 07:19 AM
    I recently received a call from a Customer in my CC and the customer was confused because she went in with her own aircard and wanted to switch one of her secondary lines and activate her aircard on the line. The rep insisted this was not possible and said she had to sign up for a 2y agreement and get a new number even with her own equipment.

Should I have just accepted responsibility and d/c'd the line? Waived the termination fee, activation fee etc? What I did do was call the store, spoke to the rep, then his manager and him d/c'd the line, waived fees and I processed the ESN change to the BBA plan for the customer.

The rep in the store said he'd never heard that if customers bring in their own equipment we don't require contracts.
    that rep lost out on some phat data too. I would have been all over that one!
    05-05-09 01:20 AM
    You need to take responsiblity for your own bill and the charges! Why blame a call center rep or the store.YOU are the one in charge of your bill and the charges...grow up!
    I don't usually reply to posts like this but for some reason feel compelled to in this case. I do take full responsiblity for my bill and the charges and agree with you, I should have checked her bill. What can I say, I'm an honest person and therefore rarely second guess people..my mistake completely. I still think Verizon has the best customer service and network around, hence why I have over 6 lines with them and have been a customer for over 8 years.

Working in a customer service field myself when someone tells me they do not want a certain package added to their service I comply. I don't tell them one thing but then do another. That is poor customer service on the Rep's part. In the end, both he and myself were wrong and the situation has been dealt with. My original post wasn't passing the blame onto anyone. I simply asked if 611 was the end all to all things Verizon. I didn't know the store Reps were an option in regards to billing.

As for your comment for me to "grow up," I'm not the one who came in here and "attacked" a poster. If you don't have anything helpful or relevant to add, you may want to refrain from clicking on the "reply" button..but that's just me.

I apologize if this offends anyone and thanks again to everyone for their helpfulness and insights.

-Liv
    05-06-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD