I am currently using my 3rd or 4th blackberry curve, about to go onto number 4 or 5 because of defects. Recently I've been noticing my battery doesn't last for more then 4 hours and if i use any type of internet it will last for 2 if I'm lucky. It has also been getting very hot even when sitting idle. At first I thought it was the battery so i tried it with the battery from my brothers 8530 his battery in his phone works perfectly, but when in my 8530 i had the same problem. Since this I've had so many replacements with this phone will VZ or assurion let me choose from a different phone?

I ask this because when I had a sidekick with T-Mobile after my third replacement they made me choose from a different smart phone that was of equal or lesser value to my sidekick. Does VZ do the same?
    04-11-11 12:23 PM
    Not any more, you'll get another 8530...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 12:27 PM
    Too many people abused the program and Verizon did away with it.
    04-11-11 02:03 PM
    I am currently using my 3rd or 4th blackberry curve, about to go onto number 4 or 5 because of defects. Recently I've been noticing my battery doesn't last for more then 4 hours and if i use any type of internet it will last for 2 if I'm lucky. It has also been getting very hot even when sitting idle. At first I thought it was the battery so i tried it with the battery from my brothers 8530 his battery in his phone works perfectly, but when in my 8530 i had the same problem. Since this I've had so many replacements with this phone will VZ or assurion let me choose from a different phone?

I ask this because when I had a sidekick with T-Mobile after my third replacement they made me choose from a different smart phone that was of equal or lesser value to my sidekick. Does VZ do the same?
    verizon suppose to give you a upgrade on the phone after the third time replacing it. That what they did for me before I had my blackberry with metro pcs. I have a phone from verizon and they replaced it three times by the fourth time they gave me a upgrade.
    04-11-11 02:10 PM
    Too many people abused the program and Verizon did away with it.
    Really??? Verizon did it for me three months ago, back when I had them.
    04-11-11 02:13 PM
    No. You could maybe talk to a manager and see if they will let you sign a new contract but I doubt it. You never know.

04-11-11 02:14 PM
    There are exceptions made every once in a while...BUT, the program used to be called the multi-fru policy that said if you had exchanged a device 3 times in 90 days (I think), you could get another phone of equivilant features and pricing.
    04-11-11 02:45 PM
    It's highly unlikely. Most managers never make an exception unless there are extreme circumstances. Even if it's done, it's not an upgrade, but a "compareable model" which in the 8530's case is nothing since it is a horrible phone. I don't see them really having any options for you except maybe a 9330 but if you were going to take a 9330, it's for the most part the same phone, so you might as well take an 8530. Tour is better, Bold is better, and that's really the end of your options right there.

Call them up, tell the problem, and hopefully your next 8530 doesn't continue to have problems. That's really all you can do. Sell the refurb and get a different BB 3rd party is probably the best advice I could give you
    04-13-11 07:25 PM
    I have the 8530 and I love it!!!

04-13-11 07:34 PM
    Are you dealing with verizon or asurion? They are separate, i believe. Asurion is insurance and verizon will deal with warranty issues. Many mnay years ago befoe smartphones i used asurion, and thy kept sending me defective refurbs over and over again. One of the main reasons i quit buying asurion ins, and ins altogether. I hate asurion, they would not send me something else, i offered to pay for something else, still no, they would not send me a new phone of the same model, so i got aboit 4 defective phones and endedup keeping the only one that had the old users securitu code entered that no one could figure out. As a result, ive saved more money over the years to just replace a phone if i need to.

04-14-11 08:00 AM
    Are you dealing with verizon or asurion? They are separate, i believe. Asurion is insurance and verizon will deal with warranty issues. Many mnay years ago befoe smartphones i used asurion, and thy kept sending me defective refurbs over and over again. One of the main reasons i quit buying asurion ins, and ins altogether. I hate asurion, they would not send me something else, i offered to pay for something else, still no, they would not send me a new phone of the same model, so i got aboit 4 defective phones and endedup keeping the only one that had the old users securitu code entered that no one could figure out. As a result, ive saved more money over the years to just replace a phone if i need to.

Oh dear God, this is hard to read. I thought BB had spell check?
    04-14-11 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD