"Verizon now has 4G Service. AT&T doesn't"

11-18-10 11:56 AM
    Nice I can't wait for it to come to Indy and for a great lte device
    11-18-10 12:04 PM
    Hopefully rim comes out with a lte phone as soon as vzw launches its lte network. If not I'm going to droid. Can't wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 12:27 PM
    But there is even more. I read on Engadget that Verizon is thinking about price tiering for the LTE. That is you pay more if you want faster speed via LTE! Dang, I hate Verizon. It's like they are throwing the bar of soap in front of us so we can bend over to pick it up! You know what happens next! Grrrrr.
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 11-18-10 at 12:45 PM.
    11-18-10 12:32 PM
    This isn't even 4G. Not even close. No US carrier has 4G yet. T-Mobile, Sprint Sow Confusion Over '4G' - WSJ.com
    11-18-10 12:35 PM
    Hope you all move to 4g then I can have all the bandwidth I want on 3g.
    11-18-10 12:42 PM
    Hopefully rim comes out with a lte phone as soon as vzw launches its lte network. If not I'm going to droid. Can't wait.

VZW's LTE is their 4G. 4G LTE.

That map up top is actually comparing both 3G networks, but with the addition of tiny green dots that mark the areas where VZW LTE is being installed.

Read the WSJ link I posted to see why no US carrier has 4G.

This is what US carriers are calling their 4G:
    Sprint = WiMAX
    T-Mobile = HSPA+
    Verizon = LTE
    AT&T = LTE coming soon
    11-18-10 12:46 PM
    But there is even more. I read on Engadget that Verizon is thinking about price tiering for the LTE. That is you pay more if you want faster speed via LTE! Dang, I hate Verizon. It's like they are throwing the bar of soap in front of us so we can bend over to pick it up! You know what happens next! Grrrrr.
    You don't even have Verizon. Go drop your soap somewhere else.
    11-18-10 12:55 PM
    Cash I know what the "real" 4G is. But heck for the time being there going to market it as 4G.

11-18-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD