I did a search. My specific question is this: I have a family plan (3 lines) with unlimited data/txt. My wife just ordered an iPhone 4S and she can keep her unlimited data intact. I have interest in the new Moto Razr 4G. If I get that phone will I have to give up my unlimited data because I'm now in the 4G realm? We don't have LTE in my town, and I don't know if/when we'll get it. I assume that I can shut off 4g on the phone, but maybe noone knows yet because the phone isn't released yet. What do you think? Thanks in advance.
    11-10-11 01:21 PM
    I did a search. My specific question is this: I have a family plan (3 lines) with unlimited data/txt. My wife just ordered an iPhone 4S and she can keep her unlimited data intact. I have interest in the new Moto Razr 4G. If I get that phone will I have to give up my unlimited data because I'm now in the 4G realm? We don't have LTE in my town, and I don't know if/when we'll get it. I assume that I can shut off 4g on the phone, but maybe noone knows yet because the phone isn't released yet. What do you think? Thanks in advance.
    I was chatting with customer service a few months ago and asked this very question. I was told, once unlimited always unlimited. Meaning it would make no diff if I got a 4G device down the road, I'd still be grandfathered in to the same unlimited. 2 diff CS people I talked to said this. Not in store reps, over the phone (611) CS. So FWIW, take it at face value or not, but I'd just call to verify and let them know what your planning. I'm looking at that moto droid razor myself, but where I'm going to be moving to there is no LTE/4G yet. So I'll be hanging with my current 3G android. I hope this info is still good a year from now
    11-10-11 01:53 PM
    Thanks for that info. I'm not really due for a phone for a few months anyway. I'll see how my wife's iPhone works out (we're rapidly becoming Apple fanboys, I thought that day would never come, but it has). The MotoRazr looks sweet, I'll have to look at some reviews. I like my android phone fine right now.
    11-10-11 02:49 PM
    I think it will be unlimited. I honestly believe Verizon will honor it and will be pissed if they don't.
    11-11-11 11:29 AM
    If you currently have Unlimited you get to keep it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 11:46 AM
    Just don't activate a dumbphone and you're fine
    11-11-11 02:46 PM
    It doesn't matter if it's 3G or 4G, if it's a smartphone, you'll keep your unlimited data. Just don't downgrade to a dumbphone.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    11-11-11 03:37 PM
    I went from a 3g unlimited to a 4g unlimited and back to a 3g unlimited.....never questioned me once
    12-14-11 09:05 AM
    Just don't activate a dumbphone and you're fine
    My son returned from a Navy deployment to find his BB was dead. He activated a dumb phone for a couple days until he got to a VZW store to pick up a new Bold. They did put him on a downgraded plan. I called within a couple of days, explained that he had just done a swap with an emergency phone for a couple days and they upgraded him again without any problems.
    12-14-11 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD