I am hoping that the reason there are no new BlackBerry devices on Verizon is because of a new 4G BlackBerry that will be coming out this summer. Am I dreaming or do you all think that this will happen?
    01-13-11 10:57 AM
    I am hoping that the reason there are no new BlackBerry devices on Verizon is because of a new 4G BlackBerry that will be coming out this summer. Am I dreaming or do you all think that this will happen?
    Unless the browser is improved...even more than OS6, a 4G BlackBerry will maybe browse at the speed of current 3G browsers on Android and iPhone. There isn't too many rumors about a Verizon bound 4G BB.
    czenni likes this.
    01-13-11 11:26 AM
    ****, there isn't even a wisper of ANY new BB for Verizon for that matter.
    01-13-11 11:33 AM
    Assuming you are correct, I plan to upgrade my Tour to a Bold in the near future. Obviously I would be upset if something is released in the next couple of months, but it doesn't sound like that it going to happen based on no mention of this happening.
    01-13-11 07:38 PM
    i heard that Verizon will be getting BlackBerry Torch between now and March. Of course, it will not be named Torch. I got the information from bbleaks.com.
    01-13-11 08:49 PM
    i heard that Verizon will be getting BlackBerry Torch between now and March. Of course, it will not be named Torch. I got the information from bbleaks.com.
    Thanks for sharing! Here's the link in case others want to check it out: Analyst: Verizon Getting the BlackBerry Torch in March 2011 N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews and RIMM: Torch Possibly Coming To Verizon, Says Kaufman - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    Last edited by QuezXLV; 01-13-11 at 09:09 PM.
    01-13-11 09:06 PM
    Thanks for posting these links.

I'm not to interested in a horizontal slider and would settle for an upgraded Bold. My concern is with the iPhone and Droid phones on center stage at Verizon they will discontinue selling BlackBerry devices altogether.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 07:51 PM
    What's interesting, though, is a year ago, when Verizon went on record about introducing 4G smartphones, they mentioned RIM as a potential partner. I also believe they mentioned up to 5 smartphones. Perhaps we still have yet to hear something from RIM?

Hey, there's still at least a chance!
    01-14-11 07:59 PM
    nothing announced yet about a 4g bb?
    03-15-11 12:45 PM
    No 4G BBs have been announced, HOWEVER there was that rumor, started by Sal about Verizon getting a Storm3 (monaco), that would be the first or 2nd 4G phone on Verizon, and that the other one which PROBABLY would be the first would be an Android. Well low and behold, we DO have an Android 4G coming any day now. So you NEVER know. But Sal is no CrackBerry Kevin, or CX!
    03-15-11 12:50 PM
    The buzz on the internet that I can find is Motorola's Droid Bionic is going to be the second 4G phone for Verizon.
    03-15-11 01:27 PM
    The buzz on the internet that I can find is Motorola's Droid Bionic is going to be the second 4G phone for Verizon.
    Yes, Sal could very well be wrong, BUT you NEVER know. And there IS a 4G LTE PlayBook coming soon.
    03-15-11 03:23 PM
    I have heard RIM is interested in the Thunderbolt design, but I haven't heard anything more on that.

I haven't even seen any QNX.....but I have heard talk that we will be supporting it. That's not really news because I never seen blackberry OS on anything I have worked on....

I am not too much in the loop on this stuff, but RIM is a customer....I saw Odin around before it came out and worked on an issue it had.
    03-16-11 02:22 PM
    My feeling is that we will see 4G BBs no sooner than in time for the Christmas rush and more likely early 2012. BUT you never know!
    03-16-11 02:48 PM
    Ooooooooh!!!! YES!!!!! Bionic Love!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD