I have noticed that the media on my Memory Card loads up slow. I have 1.4 GB remaining out of 4GB. I have hundreds of songs and 78 videos. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can improve the amount of time for my media files to show. And If there was a way to prompt a password to come up to access the media on my phone.
    05-26-08 05:44 PM
    I cant answer your 2nd question. 1.4/4.0GB- get a bigger card. The phones processor is only going to move but so fast; if I'm not mistaken, them more you have on your card, the longer it takes to load. Your memory card is no different than the hard drive on your computer- the more you have on it, the longer it takes to access certain things.

I could be wrong and someone else can chime in with their knowledge.
    05-26-08 05:57 PM
    I cant answer your 2nd question. 1.4/4.0GB- get a bigger card. The phones processor is only going to move but so fast; if I'm not mistaken, them more you have on your card, the longer it takes to load. Your memory card is no different than the hard drive on your computer- the more you have on it, the longer it takes to access certain things.

I could be wrong and someone else can chime in with their knowledge.
    I thought 4 was the biggest
    05-26-08 05:59 PM
    I thought 4 was the biggest
    I use an 8GB in my 8130 (Sprint). I dont know if there is a size bigger than that; last I heard, the Pearl supports 8GB.
    05-26-08 06:13 PM
    I use an 8GB in my 8130 (Sprint). I dont know if there is a size bigger than that; last I heard, the Pearl supports 8GB.
    I believe to support 8 gig you have to have the 4.3 OS.
    05-26-08 06:16 PM
    how much did you pay for it?
    05-26-08 06:16 PM
    Check out Buy.com , you can get SD cards pretty cheap and if you're a first time google checkout user they'll give you $10 off your first purchase.
    05-26-08 06:22 PM
    Yes you need 4.3 OS or higher to support 8 GB memory card. I have recently seen 8GB cards on ebay for $50.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-08 06:22 PM
    Oops I ment to say $50 cards on Amazon, not ebay. I'm not sure what they are currenty running on ebay.

05-26-08 06:24 PM
    Iwas informed that a pearl and a curve could only handel 2gb regaurdless if it's a 4 or 8gb card. That's wuht I was told by a blackberry tech.I Could be wrong it's been known to happen in the past

05-26-08 06:25 PM
    I went from a 1 gig to a 4gig memory card, and have close to 2gigs of media and everything loads as quick as before.

Though if I add a bunch of pictures, it'll be a little slow loading them the first time I browse them on the phone. After the first time though, it's fine.
    05-26-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD