08-25-08 08:08 PM
29 12
tools
    Come on now Verizon.

Haven't we waited patiently for 4.5?

Enough is enough.

I'm seriously debating staying with the company.

I hate iphones but its refreshing to see some accessories and the ability to totally customize your phone albeit a jailbreak, but nonetheless.

So what's the hottest rumor about its release?

What have you heard from your buddy CS?

Please speak up and don't be mum about this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 10:07 AM
    VZW, will not release 4.5 until they are happy with it. Another words they will test it with the device. If they find problems with it, they will send it back for fixes. This of course will delay any release. At this time internally at VZW, there is no release date.
    08-24-08 10:13 AM
    No US carrier has 4.5! It's not just VZW!
    08-24-08 10:14 AM
    I just downloaded it myself-working like a charm.

08-24-08 11:09 AM
    I just downloaded it myself-working like a charm.

I've been using it for a while now
    08-24-08 11:17 AM
    I'm used to running different carrier's OS's due to this. Verizon is slow on releases. When they do release an update though, there is virtually no bugs as they have tested it for awhile...
    08-24-08 11:18 AM
    No US carrier has 4.5! It's not just VZW!
    Yes that is correct. I think we will start seeing 4.5 roll out here in the US in Sept but that is JMO. That was also posted on the CB blogs awhile back but we'll just have to wait and see.
    08-24-08 11:19 AM
    When VZW releases the 4.5 you will be very pleased with it. It will be better than the other carriers 4.5 but I am not at liberty to say anymore than that.

Just understand there is a very important reason for the "delay" in its release for VZW customers.

08-24-08 01:04 PM
    Im patient..its not any life changing additions to 4.5
    08-24-08 01:23 PM
    Im patient..its not any life changing additions to 4.5
    No there's not... I was underwhelmed with what I saw in the 3 days before I yanked it off and went back to 4.3.

08-24-08 01:31 PM
    What improvements will 4.5 have over the current os?

08-24-08 04:50 PM
    Mainly HTML Email and Docs 2 go. FOr VZW I am sure there will glitch fixes as well.
    08-24-08 05:05 PM
    What improvements will 4.5 have over the current os?

Docs2Go is nice, the html email was a BIG letdown, you have to enable the image download for every mail, it does render nice afterwards, but meh....
    My memory bounced badly for a day, then my ability to wap post went away, softreset stopped working (very bad on a pearl with a snap on case and flakey memory, btw),
    then my battery life started down the drain.....I realize it's a beta for now, and I was really surprised to see the pearl out of the blue released, but for the free version of docs2go and the u enable html images, meh...
    08-24-08 05:13 PM
    Curve 8330: here's my bugs
    1. Terrible delay answering calls with a bluetooth device.
    2. Weird errors on opera mini, very rarely. Java ones
    3. Phone rebooted looking at pictures and watching a video.
    4. When phone is reset for the first 5 minutes, data goes in and out. In other words; one second I see 1X then two seconds later 1XEV.
    Let's see, everything else is great. I really need the html email because all my service calls come in html. Can't wait for vzw to release the official version for us.

08-24-08 08:10 PM
    When VZW releases the 4.5 you will be very pleased with it. It will be better than the other carriers 4.5 but I am not at liberty to say anymore than that.

Just understand there is a very important reason for the "delay" in its release for VZW customers.

LOL, give me a break! When 4.5 for VZW comes out it will not be any different then 4.5 for Sprint. There could be small stability differences, but that's it. You won't have one CDMA carrier that has more capabilities then the other with it.... oh wait, Sprint leaves their aGPS unlocked (but that's not important here because aGPS is not locked down on the OS level anyway). When Verizon stops locking stuff down, call the paper... until then, frack them.
    08-24-08 10:44 PM
    LOL, give me a break! When 4.5 for VZW comes out it will not be any different then 4.5 for Sprint. There could be small stability differences, but that's it. You won't have one CDMA carrier that has more capabilities then the other with it.... oh wait, Sprint leaves their aGPS unlocked (but that's not important here because aGPS is not locked down on the OS level anyway). When Verizon stops locking stuff down, call the paper... until then, frack them.
    I think he meant that when Verizon releases 4.5.0.985, it should be REALLY stable by then!
    08-25-08 08:56 AM
    I downloaded 4.5.0.56, and I can't email pictures from the camera.

I also, for the life of me, have no idea what is supposed to be so great about the browser. I see NO difference whatsoever. Maybe someone can explain it to me, but I don't see much difference to make this version any better than 4.3. The html email really doesn't work all that great either.

Someone please explain to me, what is supposed to be so great about this version.
    08-25-08 09:01 AM
    I downloaded 4.5.0.56, and I can't email pictures from the camera.

I also, for the life of me, have no idea what is supposed to be so great about the browser. I see NO difference whatsoever. Maybe someone can explain it to me, but I don't see much difference to make this version any better than 4.3. The html email really doesn't work all that great either.

Someone please explain to me, what is supposed to be so great about this version.
    Since you're coming from OS4.3 on an 8330 the differences will be very small. Honestly, the only big difference is HTML email support, everything else OS4.3 had. People with OS4.2 (like that of 8830) are the ones that will benefit most from it. Chill out... no one forced you to load it.
    08-25-08 09:17 AM
    Since you're coming from OS4.3 on an 8330 the differences will be very small. Honestly, the only big difference is HTML email support, everything else OS4.3 had. People with OS4.2 (like that of 8830) are the ones that will benefit most from it. Chill out... no one forced you to load it.
    I'm chill, dude. It wasn't a sarcastic "explain it to me;" I'm genuinely asking if there is something that I am missing. I saw people raving about this new browser, and I don't see anything new.

But I appreciate your explanation that the differences are more over 4.2 than 4.3.
    08-25-08 10:26 AM
    The browser blows period. Even Opera Mini renders sites better. I don't know why RIM hasn't fixed the shorcoming of the browser yet.
    08-25-08 10:39 AM
    I couldn't zoom with the camera and when I upgraded to 4.3 it worked. Now it's not working again. Maybe it's just me.
    08-25-08 10:58 AM
    The browser blows period. Even Opera Mini renders sites better. I don't know why RIM hasn't fixed the shorcoming of the browser yet.
    +1, after hearing about ALL of the coming browser improvements in 4.5, flash support, etc., I didn't see anything. I gotta believe, this is pretty close to the final package also, unfortunately.

08-25-08 11:13 AM
    Does anyone think that VZW is giving up on the pearl and moving on?

<---- raises hand.

08-25-08 11:45 AM
    Does anyone think that VZW is giving up on the pearl and moving on?

<---- raises hand.

Giving up? Naw. Probably more focusing on the official 4.5 rollout and the release of the exclusive
    Thunder, you throw that in with the other end of the year blowouts and the whole alltel deal, pearls definitely sittin at the back of the bus.

08-25-08 12:10 PM
    I'm running 4.5.0.66 and its doing a really good job. I too have been checking the vzw site daily with no avail and its starting to really make me mad to say the least. Somedays I even check it several times a day to be dissappointed several times a day. I'm gonna stop checking it and making myself mad cause its kinda like purposelly pissing urself off cause u know its not gonna be there yet.

08-25-08 01:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD