as it says, I am running 4.5.0.89 on the curve for about two weeks with no problems. Then all the sudden today, no data access = no emails through BES, no internet, no PINS. Spoke to vzw, they couldn't fix it, but "opened a ticket" and i was supposed to receive a text about it. 5 + hours now and no text. Anyone else having this problem? it shows 1X, and one time since I spoke to them had EVDO. Is it just me?
    12-13-08 05:37 PM
    Hey,

Assuming you have connections turned on....

well it might be an outage in your area..... but if they didn't say anything hmmm...

Have you resent service books, and registered the device. also. do a *228 and update roaming provisions

I have .89 and no problems......
    12-13-08 05:43 PM
    yep, update roaming first, then reprogram, then bat pull, then several resend svc books on my end and vzw...
    12-13-08 06:22 PM
    1x or 1X?

Also do you always seem to get that type of signal?

And also the tech hung up with you with out resolving your issue?
    12-13-08 06:27 PM
    1x and no, I got the device in september and have always had EVDO, no matter where i was. I live in NJ vzw has great coverage here
    12-13-08 07:01 PM
    Sounds like an EVDO Outage, or problem on the network, not so much a BB problem, especially if you are able to get registration messages, and send service books to your phone, and they show up. Now, if these items aren't occurring, then you might have an actual phone issue, that if they can't resolved, they would have you do a device wipe and go from there. My phone crapped out on the data the other night, and I had to redo it. Thank goodness, I had a backup from 6 days earlier.
    12-13-08 07:30 PM
    the tech lady said that was last resort and i hope it wont be needed b/c i hate to have to bug my IT folks to get another BES pw. Cross your fingers tomorrow all problems will be resolved. thanks for your help
    12-13-08 08:56 PM
    so day 2, for the first half of the day, functioning beautifully. quick, real quick times on the web and emails. but now at 5 EST, back to 1X...
    Is VZW being overloaded with data in NJ??
    12-14-08 04:24 PM
    Hmm I would keep calling and have them trouble soot more on there end or your service area.......
    12-14-08 07:49 PM
    I'm getting the same error as of 5:00pm today. I was good for most of the day but now I'm only getting 1x at home. Very weird...
    12-15-08 07:13 PM
    So I just took out the battery, left it out for a few minutes, popped it back in and now I have 1XEV and data is flowing again. Weird!
    12-15-08 07:32 PM
    The radio was completely off on my Curve a little while ago. I pulled the battery out, waited a few minutes, put it back in and powered it up. It seems to be okay now. That's really weird, I don't know exactly what happened.
    12-15-08 08:29 PM
    Mine was a device wipe after an hour on the phone with a good csr, they said no outages reported, but I think they are hiding something. It is quick as could be now though. Oh, another side note, after reinstalling (by vzw) my device has 4.5.0.89, but the rep thought 4.7 would show up 'cuz that's what she had!?' Funny. I still like vzw despite this 3 day pain in the ****

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD