03-23-08 05:31 PM
32 12
tools
    Verizon tries to scam people as much as they should. There ads are very deceptive lately.
    03-18-08 11:44 PM
    Re: $500 Bill--

I just got my Pearl 3 days ago. They "forgot" to add the data plan to my account as well. When my minute usage showed I was on the phone TALKING for 17 hours one day, I called. VZW seemed to understand what was going on and added the data plan. They also added 1000 courtesy minutes to my plan for the month to cover the overage. At this point, I think everything is fixed.
    WRONG.
    My BB continued to use up my voice minutes instead of the data minutes/data plan. I called back. Instead of trying to fix the isssue, they tried to get me to upgrade to a more expensive plan. DO NOT DO THIS. After speaking with the manager's manager, I finally got a resolution.
    WRONG.
    I still got a bill for $500 and I only had the BB for 3 days of the billing cycle. I'm calling back tomorrow to see what can be done.
    Good luck getting it fixed, cell phone woes are never good!
    03-18-08 11:50 PM
    I called VZW re: my $500 bill. The CSR I spoke with this time was very knowledgeable and helpful. (I was lucky this time.) She took care of the charges for me and put my account on bill monitoring for next month in case the fix doesn't "stick." She explained that my account wasn't coded correctly and the overages were simply an error. The entire call took less than 10 minutes. For once, a job well-done for VZW.
    03-21-08 10:08 PM
    Here's a great idea for those of you who want to get your bill lower.... Employee discounts. Most employers don't make it aware to their employees they can get discounts. I have a friend that works for Home Depot and he gets somewhere around 20% off.
    03-23-08 06:13 AM
    I called VZW re: my $500 bill. The CSR I spoke with this time was very knowledgeable and helpful. (I was lucky this time.) She took care of the charges for me and put my account on bill monitoring for next month in case the fix doesn't "stick." She explained that my account wasn't coded correctly and the overages were simply an error. The entire call took less than 10 minutes. For once, a job well-done for VZW.
    I wish you luck but just because a rep says it is fixed and your next bill should be fine, I don't believe it. Though I never had a bad experience with my BB and Verizon, it took over 6 months to resolve a simple billing change with my wife's phone on Verizon. Each month for 6 months we would call up, the rep would start at the beginning, we'd get to the end, they say something like "Oh, I see what is wrong" and supposedly fix it and say it will be reflected in next months bill, Next month comes along, same issue, same call, wash, rinse, repeat. 6 months later it was finally resolved.

So, good luck but don't get your minutes before they hatch.
    03-23-08 06:51 AM
    Here's a great idea for those of you who want to get your bill lower.... Employee discounts. Most employers don't make it aware to their employees they can get discounts. I have a friend that works for Home Depot and he gets somewhere around 20% off.
    Yeap that's what I do I get 22% off through my employer.
    03-23-08 10:33 AM
    i don't know if it depends on which market you are, I live in iowa and the bb plan is 44.99 for unlimited data usage, then i ahve to pay another 15.00 for the unlimited broadband and national access. so it's a total of 59.00. kinda high priced but you can hook it up to your computer thru tethered(usb cable) or bluetooth, (which isn;t as fast as tethered), but to me being able to get internet anywhere I am is worth it.
    03-23-08 05:31 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD