07-21-08 12:10 AM
33 12
tools
    lastraid - yes they removed the service and they only credited me for the current month. You're right, I should have checked my statement. I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did.
    07-16-08 08:58 PM
    lastraid - yes they removed the service and they only credited me for the current month. You're right, I should have checked my statement. I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did.
    Well glad to hear they helped some. Something is better than nothing. Does not make the loss of the months any better though.

Take care and enjoy the moment.
    07-16-08 09:11 PM
    I had a similar situation with Sprint. Went in because someone told me that Sprint Navigation was free and it was telling me to pay if I wanted to use it. Turns out, SprintNav is free, texting is now included (which I was paying for as an extra), and the plan was $10 less than what I was paying. It stinks that no one notified me. Had my friend not asked me if I like BBMaps better than SprintNav, I would still be giving Sprint an extra $20 a month for nothing.
    Uhhh. You really think it's Sprint's job to monitor your account and make sure you're paying the least possible?

With their ever shrinking customer base it will probably be possible soon, but there's no way they have the resources to do this.
    07-17-08 02:51 AM
    I used to have TMOBILE, and the unlim data BIS plan was $19.99, so coming back to verizon with the $29.99 Unlim Personal Email/Web was not bad at all. BUT you cannot tether with the 29.99 plan. you have to get the $44.99 plan to allow tether. Which is weird cause no matter what UNLIM(5GB) data plan you get, you still have the same amount of bandwidth allowance. Kinda gets me......

Oh well, maybe verizon will change in the future, prolly not, but im happy with the coverage and my 8830
    07-18-08 09:31 AM
    BUT you cannot tether with the 29.99 plan. you have to get the $44.99 plan to allow tether.
    You CAN tether with the $29.99 BIS plan. It will cost you an additional $30 a month. If you have the $44.99 BES plan, it will cost you an additional $15 a month to tether. It all has to equal to $59.99 (just like an aircard).
    07-18-08 10:43 AM
    The CS people were great when I called about my billing issue. They reduced my bill by close to $80 and switched me to the correct data plan.
    Bill will still be a little higher than my old plan with Alltel but the pricing I get for the phones themself more than makes up for it.
    My curve was 134 for one year contract, Alltel wanted 410. Their two year price was 250 after rebates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 11:25 PM
    You CAN tether with the $29.99 BIS plan. It will cost you an additional $30 a month. If you have the $44.99 BES plan, it will cost you an additional $15 a month to tether. It all has to equal to $59.99 (just like an aircard).
    Just curious-i was thinking of thethering-i currently have the 29.99 plan. Which do I go for? And is it unlimited usage? Just like having the net plugged in?

07-18-08 11:44 PM
    Just curious-i was thinking of thethering-i currently have the 29.99 plan. Which do I go for? And is it unlimited usage? Just like having the net plugged in?

To tether it will cost you an additional $30 a month. It has a cap of 5 gigs per month of data transfer. Hope this helps.
    07-21-08 12:10 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD