I tried out a Droid X for 28 days before I swapped it for a Bold. I was a brand new customer coming over from AT&T. I've only had my bold for 10 days.

My question is: Am I now locked into a contract with an ETF? Or do I still have 20 more days to decide if I want to switch to another carrier or buy a phone on craigslist and be contract free on Verizon.

I understand that I only get to switch to a different phone once but, I was just wondering if I can still get out with no early termination fee.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    08-21-10 10:12 PM
    Sorry but you are now locked into your contract.
    08-21-10 10:36 PM
    Sorry but you are now locked into your contract.
    Thanks. It's no big deal really. I just wanted to know if I can stop thinking about other phones lol. I'm really quite happy with the bold.

At least I got myself a 1 year contract since the speed of smartphone technology is unbelievable right now.

I'm just afraid of commitment I guess.
    08-21-10 10:42 PM
    You are with the best carrier and you have a really great BB. welcome and enjoy
    08-21-10 10:46 PM
    You're contract should now be from the date you got the Bold. You're correct in not being able to do another exchange, but you can still return the device and cancel service/use your own equipment with no contract. You would still be liable for the restocking fee.
    08-22-10 04:06 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'll probably stay with what I have but, who knows haha.
    08-22-10 05:20 PM
    I am pretty sure that you are locked in. However, the only way you wouldn't be is if your sales rep cancelled out the original contract. They can do that in order for the return, but most of the time they don't. I'd definitely check it out though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 09:40 PM
    I am pretty sure that you are locked in. However, the only way you wouldn't be is if your sales rep cancelled out the original contract. They can do that in order for the return, but most of the time they don't. I'd definitely check it out though.

Yes they did cancel it. I had to go through the winback team so I wouldn't get my number recycled. Do you think I will get a shot at another phone trial? Lol.

08-22-10 09:46 PM
    If you wanted another phone swap...pick up a used phone and swap it out and return the Bold. Wait three days and you'll be able to upgrade whenever.

08-24-10 09:15 AM
    I had a similar experience; when I switched I received an additional 30 day trial period.
    09-05-10 03:25 PM
    Customer service may make an exception. No store will do it. You will basically be screwing someone out of commission 3 times.
    09-08-10 10:09 AM
    Customer service may make an exception. No store will do it. You will basically be screwing someone out of commission 3 times.
    Yes your only shot is with CS through the phone 1-800-922-0204.
    09-08-10 11:10 AM
    I had a similar experience; when I switched I received an additional 30 day trial period.
    Only if you get the phone from a corporate vz store. The rule is if you sign up with new vz service and swap phones due to a defect within 30 days, your thirty days reset to when you swapped the phones.

If you get new service and phone through an authorized dealer then you are locked into the date you first signed up.

NEVER EVER EVER GO TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER.
    09-08-10 03:01 PM
    Verizon gives your 30 days period even if you exchanged a phone. if you want to play iffy with phones get it from Bestbuy (a Authorized Dealer) and your 30 days will reset on the day you exchange
    09-09-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD