Seems more than the New Every Two has changed at Big Red.

"At Verizon Wireless, we stand behind our service. If you're not completely satisfied, you can cancel service within 14 days and pay no early termination fee if you return your device. A restocking fee may apply."

Sorry need more post's to post the link but its on Verizon's web site
    01-18-11 05:43 PM
    Yupp.

I would take the lesser return policy ANY day over getting rid of unlimited data.

I never wait 2 years to upgrade, so the loss of the new every 2 is nothing to me, and I know within a few days if I like the device or not.
    01-18-11 05:57 PM
    It is what it is, but 14 days still seems to be sufficient amount of time.
    01-18-11 11:46 PM
    It is what it is, but 14 days still seems to be sufficient amount of time.
    Very true. I usually know if I like a device in a week.
    01-18-11 11:58 PM
    I'm with sprint rite now,however when the tbolt strikes I'm jettin but notice how big red is changin so quickly I'm still determed to jet.me bein new,I'm readin everyday tryin to keep up with all the changes,I no my bill will go up but not by much when I do the math plus GF gets discount so I'm waitin on u big red here comes daddy :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 01:01 AM
    You know if the device will work for you will in a week or so. So 2 weeks is plenty of time. I would rather have that and have unlimited data any day.
    01-19-11 02:58 PM
    Yep, same as the others. I don't need 30 days to deside if I like a phone.
    01-19-11 04:17 PM
    I've literally returned a phone on the 29th day... Guess now I'll have to make my judgments quicker
    01-19-11 05:31 PM
    Yep, same as the others. I don't need 30 days to deside if I like a phone.
    agreed. After using the phone a week, you'll know if you love it or hate it basically.

01-19-11 05:37 PM
    I have never returned a phone.
    I always do very, very careful research *BEFORE*, I even consider a device.
    Then I go in the store and play with it *BEFORE*, I order/buy it.

By the time I get it, I know I want the device.
    01-19-11 06:18 PM

Bingo! This is exactly what I did before I bought my Curve 2yrs ago & then when I upgraded to the Bold in Dec. I did snooping around also before locking into a 2yr agreement

01-19-11 06:21 PM
    Bingo! This is exactly what I did before I bought my Curve 2yrs ago & then when I upgraded to the Bold in Dec. I did snooping around also before locking into a 2yr agreement

Same here. I really don't like the hassle of changing phones, so it takes me a long time to make up my mind about what I really want. Never took a phone back because it just didn't work the way I thought it would, so the 2 week window is plenty of time to cover any unexpected disappointments.
    01-19-11 11:57 PM

That's what I do too. The 30 to 14 days doesn't bother me.

01-20-11 09:27 AM
    I never wait 2 years to upgrade, so the loss of the new every 2 is nothing to me, and I know within a few days if I like the device or not.
    After 6 months or so I'm ready for the next one!

+1 to this!!
    01-20-11 09:32 AM
    Glad to see many of you guys don't mind the change. The original WFG was a statement to try out the service for 30 days. They naturally rolled that over to phone exchanges/returns. Now, the execs are pretty much saying "hey, we've proven the network is the best, no one needs a full 30 days to know that and 14 days is more than enough to know if a device works well for them or not". It makes sense to me and the company probably loses some money on exchanges in general, so closing the window should hopefully promote customers to make a better initial decision.

The nice thing is that if you have a problem with your phone within 30 days, it will still be replaced with new equipment as a DOA exchange and not with a refurb. Just returns/exchanges for other reasons fall under the 14 day period.
    01-20-11 04:18 PM

Granted, but I can read all the reviews I want. I can do all the research I want. I can play with the phone all I want in a store, but until I load my information, customize the phone the way i want it, actually have to type out message after message, I won't know. But that is just me. There are so many little things you don't realize when you're playing with a demo phone. The little things.
    01-20-11 04:23 PM
    Granted, but I can read all the reviews I want. I can do all the research I want. I can play with the phone all I want in a store, but until I load my information, customize the phone the way i want it, actually have to type out message after message, I won't know. But that is just me. There are so many little things you don't realize when you're playing with a demo phone. The little things.
    I happen to agree with you here. I had researched a Droid and got it when it came out. However, after using it for a while, I realized -- not for me. The battery really is what did it to me.

Having said that, after a week I know whether or not it's a keeper -- so changing from 30 days to 14 days is no big deal.

The change that really gets me is the end of unlimited global data. Even if the new plans were limited yet comparable, they still leave out any sort of way to avoid major overages for anywhere beyond NA & Europe.
    01-20-11 05:16 PM
    I happen to agree with you here. I had researched a Droid and got it when it came out. However, after using it for a while, I realized -- not for me. The battery really is what did it to me.

Having said that, after a week I know whether or not it's a keeper -- so changing from 30 days to 14 days is no big deal.

The change that really gets me is the end of unlimited global data. Even if the new plans were limited yet comparable, they still leave out any sort of way to avoid major overages for anywhere beyond NA & Europe.

I agree. I travel frequently and like to take my phone with me. Its made me contemplate jumping ship to Sprint. Something one month ago, I would have never considered. LOL. I even thought about leaving behind BB. When everyone I know is on a droid or iphone, I hung on to it because of the freedom when traveling. I'm still holding out a bit longer..... see if anything catches my eye.

Also, I have a storm and today Verizon unlocked it for me. I only use it when I travel, so since its GSM capable I'm thinking about going the local prepaid sim card route. I havent looked much into yet though.
    02-09-11 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD