So I tried a new phone for the 30 day trial period, and took it back. went back to my old phone.

I could have tried a different phone, but after 30 days i would either have to keep it, or pay $35 restocking fee if i went back to my old phone for a 2nd time.

my question...how long do i have to wait until i can go in and try a different model for a month and avoid the restocking fee??

make sense?

thanks
    3b3xa
    01-15-09 05:18 PM
    I think that is an abuse of the policy. THere are no carriers in Canada that let you do that.

I would justreserach the phone, watch videos on it and play in store.
    01-15-09 05:28 PM
    I think that is an abuse of the policy. THere are no carriers in Canada that let you do that.

I would justreserach the phone, watch videos on it and play in store.
    watching videos and playing in the store doesn't do it for me. i need hands on real life experience when im spending a couple hundred bucks and committing to a 2 year contract.

to each their own

please dont turn me in to the authorities.
    01-15-09 05:36 PM
    Try that with a car, or a house and see how far you get. Much larger investments for much longer times and neither offer what you feel you're entitled to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 07:51 PM
    Try that with a car, or a house and see how far you get. Much larger investments for much longer times and neither offer what you feel you're entitled to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    im not looking to buy a house
    im not looking to buy a car.

nevermind
    01-15-09 08:05 PM
    Buy the new phone, wait 31 days then return it.
    01-15-09 08:31 PM
    good call, thanks for the help tomwiz
    01-15-09 09:14 PM
    I'm pretty sure you only need to wait 30 days between trials. I tried several verizon phones before deciding on the curve. The first was taken back after 30 days. No problem, that is Verizon normal policy. I traded it in for a curve and liked the curve but this was right around the time that the storm info was hitting the net. So I decided to take the curve back and wait for the storm. I was charged $35 to return the curve. not a problem this is normal verizon policy. I did get the Storm on the day it came out and really really wanted to like but but after frustrating 20 days I took it back and had them reactivate my my palm. I left the store that day with a huge smile on my face. I hated the storm. I have since moved to an Iphone and love it.

billfury

ps lots of little old ladies on this board

radio shack brick, to a motorola star tac, to a samsung ?, to a kyocera 6035, to a treo 650, to an htc touch, to a blackberry curve, to a blackberry storm, and finally to an iphone
    Last edited by billyfury; 01-15-09 at 09:36 PM.
    01-15-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD