I just want to say first off that I'm new around here and I appreciate all of the info I've read so far. My question - I'm thinking about switching over and buying a blackberry. My NE2 is up this saturday. I've been following everything that has been going on with the storm and I'm 99% sure that I want to buy that phone, but I'd like to get a feel for a regular blackberry. Could I go and get a curve this weekend and then return it when the storm comes out and buy that? Or does that eliminate my NE2? I hope that makes sense. I'm honestly curious about testing out the curve, but I don't want to make things more complicated. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
    10-09-08 04:37 AM
    I just want to say first off that I'm new around here and I appreciate all of the info I've read so far. My question - I'm thinking about switching over and buying a blackberry. My NE2 is up this saturday. I've been following everything that has been going on with the storm and I'm 99% sure that I want to buy that phone, but I'd like to get a feel for a regular blackberry. Could I go and get a curve this weekend and then return it when the storm comes out and buy that? Or does that eliminate my NE2? I hope that makes sense. I'm honestly curious about testing out the curve, but I don't want to make things more complicated. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
    As long as the Storm comes out within the 30 day period you can do it. I'm going to get a Curve myself and exchange when the Storm comes.
    10-09-08 08:35 AM
    I was at Verizon the other day and was told it is not coming out until THanksgiving.
    10-09-08 11:56 AM
    No official release date on that bad boy yet i would wait until you have an official date, that way you know for sure you can do the exchange. not sure if already answered, but you will still get you 100/50 ne2 off the storm with the exchange. I wouldn't tell the rep that sells you the curve that you will be exchanging the curve when the storm comes out. He might tell you you will have to wait, Verizon subsadizes the cost of the phone, then takes a hit if you exchange it. Also you might have to pay a fee for the exchange 35.00, not trying to talk you out of it, just making sure you understand. Oh also, you only get one exchange. If you end up with the storm, and for some rediculouse reason you dont like the touch screen aspect of it(no real buttons) you are stuck with it. Like i said, just trying to help.

not the best at spelling ;p
    10-09-08 02:29 PM
    Odds are the Storm will not be out until Black Friday. VZW likes to release it's big name phones at Thanksgiving and spring break. It is true you can only exchange once, but as long as the box is intact and all acc/books are returned, there is no restocking fee.
    10-09-08 05:58 PM
    Thanks guys appreciate it. I was hoping it was going to be released the first week of November, but I don't think I'll risk it. I'll just have to be (im) patient like everyone else.
    10-10-08 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD