I joined verizon about 2 weeks ago or so and got the Moto Q 9m. After a day or two I figured out I hated it and traded it in for the 8830 WE.

The curve is coming out on May 5th online, or at least that's what the word on the street is. How do I get it and use my 30 day trade in?

If it was in stores on May 5th then it would be easier, I'm very confident that I'd still be within my 30 days.

Is it 30 days from the initial signup or from the switch to the 8830?

If I would have to wait till the phone comes to the stores I was thinking of switching to the pearl within the 30 days, then getting a new 30 days and then switching to the Curve.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    04-25-08 08:08 PM
    As a former Verizon customer, I THINK you get 30 days from the time you switch phones. However, you should call CS to be sure.
    04-25-08 08:13 PM
    I think you may make Verizon a little upset. Thats kinking the system!
    04-25-08 08:18 PM
    actually you can only switch the device to a new model one time within 30 days i believe...
    04-25-08 08:27 PM
    Eeck that would suck. Im pretty sure the salesman will let me switch to the Curve from my 8830 cause were cool like that but I dont think the pearl trick would be allowed given your latest interpretation of the switching rules.
    04-25-08 08:33 PM
    Eeck that would suck. Im pretty sure the salesman will let me switch to the Curve from my 8830 cause were cool like that but I dont think the pearl trick would be allowed given your latest interpretation of the switching rules.
    The members above are correct. Yet get one trade in with the first 30 days of the original date of your contract. All I can tell you is to sweet talk the sales person
    04-25-08 08:37 PM
    the pearl trick? what does that mean exactly.
    04-25-08 08:40 PM
    You still have a great device though! Heck, its a BB!
    04-25-08 08:41 PM
    Well I did trade in the first phone like the day after and the sales person seemed to be very flexible with our plan. He knows I wanted to get the curve.

Our original plan was for me to get a phone, any phone, then switch to the env2 when it comes out give it to my sister and then for her to use her rebate for the curve and give it to me. In the meantime I was going to use her chocolate.

When is the env2 coming out, he said it was going to be within 2 weeks after I signed contract and it's been about that long now.
    04-25-08 08:42 PM
    As in keep switching my phone every 30 haha.

The 8830 is good but for a phone in 2008 it lacks some very important features, like camera and mms.

Plus the phone messes up alot it's frustrating.

The other big reason in the curve kb is better but Im not gonna knock the 8830 kb either.
    04-25-08 08:43 PM
    As in keep switching my phone every 30 haha.

The 8830 is good but for a phone in 2008 it lacks some very important features, like camera and mms.

Plus the phone messes up alot it's frustrating.

The other big reason in the curve kb is better but Im not gonna knock the 8830 kb either.

Of course it lacks a camera. It BB's business blackberry. They got to have one BB that does not have a camera for business users who are not allowed to have one or being in court houses. The 88xx series was not intended for the average Joe wanting a entertainment phone.
    04-26-08 02:16 AM
    The 30 day is considered a "buyers remorse" type deal.

Its like a return policy on anything else.

If you wanted to swap a Plasma every 30 days, would that fly??

If you wanted a new PC every 30, could you trade it in??

I dont think so.

Although if your "salesman"(commission w hore) will alllow it, more power to ya.

Although, usually, they get commission from the plan, and not the device itself.
    04-26-08 02:33 AM
    Yes I know the 8830 was made for business users but it's not a phone that I am going to settle for as a college student, maybe in a few years I'll have to brush off the old 8830 haha.

Yes it would be ridic to keep swaping out. I don't think that many ppl would uber abuse it though because learning a new phone is quite annoying to some but verizon is getting tons of money from me for the plan so at least they are getting some kind of incentive for keeping me happy.
    04-26-08 02:39 AM
    Keith there are currently people getting env2s, ordering from telesales.(*611).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 11:42 AM
    Thanks fonebrkr.

I want to wait out the max 30 days and then get the env2 if the curve isnt out yet, I got attached to my bb haha. I guess I could always have my sister get the 8830 then swap it out for the curve within the 30 days.

When the curve is finally available online, say the 5th, how long do you think until it is in my hands. Would REALLY like to not have to go without a bb, haha.
    04-26-08 08:31 PM
    I cant beleive we, the customers, go through all this trouble, its quite sick isnt it.

Well at least Ill have the best phone and the best service so I can relax.
    04-26-08 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD