I am presently Blackberryless while I wait for the Tour. Before the Tour is released, I will have a need for a Berry for a few weeks. Can I buy a Storm to try it out, then return it within 30 days, then get the Tour when it comes out?

What will be the cost of doing so?
    05-02-09 07:50 AM
    restocking fee... although I've heard that Verizon was getting rid of its 30 day trial program. Others can verify...
    05-02-09 07:53 AM
    What happens if the T. Take longer then 30 days to come out from when you
    Get the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 07:56 AM
    I would be Berryless until then, which is part of my question. Do I pay for one month of Berry service and be done with it?
    05-02-09 07:58 AM
    I find that switching BBs causes more hassle than it helps. Sure you'll be able to play with a bb for 30 days, but when the new tour comes out (if it even comes out within your 30 day period with a storm), you'll have to delete everything you've done from your storm and then place it all in your new device. So in the end, you'll never really be able to personalize it as if it were your perminant phone.

So, for the benefit of just playing with a phone for under 30 days... I don't see that its worth it in my view. 30 days is not long anyway. I'd just wait it out if I were you and not risk your personal information being out there because you forgot to delete something critical..... as well as risk getting stuck with it when you never even wanted it in the first place
    05-02-09 08:06 AM
    There is a restocking fee to $35. As rican stated but not exactly as stated, the 30 day WFG TEST DRIVE is gone. If you purchase the device you have 30 days to return the device, pay the $35 restock fee an cancel serivce without ETF.

What has gone away is not having to pay for the service. It use to be that if ported the number out within the 30 days, VZW would pick up that month voice service as well.
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-02-09 at 08:28 AM.
    05-02-09 08:09 AM
    So, for the benefit of just playing with a phone for under 30 days... I don't see that its worth it in my view. 30 days is not long anyway. I'd just wait it out if I were you and not risk your personal information being out there because you forgot to delete something critical..... as well as risk getting stuck with it when you never even wanted it in the first place
    That makes sense and is a legitimate reason to pass up on what I had planned to do.

Thanks
    05-02-09 08:15 AM
    sure thing, anytime
    05-02-09 08:30 AM
    On the other hand it is very simple to change Blackberry's via DM and *228 option 3. I do it all the time, easily less then 5 min. I did the 30 day thing with the storm but I like messing around with different phones and don't mind the extra $35 restock fee, but each to his own
    05-02-09 11:02 AM
    The 30 Day Worry Free guarantee is still in the user agreement. I bought a Storm last month and took it back to the store, they gave me my money back with no restocking fee. It's not like they put it back on the shelf, it gets refurbed..
    05-02-09 02:46 PM
    You only get a restocking fee if you exchange for a different device, or return and then buy a new phone within 72 hours. Also, the restocking fee is waived for VIP customers.
    05-02-09 02:57 PM
    if you try the storm and don't like it and exchange for the tour within the 30 days, you don't get a new 30 days. i'd say try the storm and if you like it, keep it. if not, return it and re-activate your old phone. then when the tour comes out do a separate upgrade, not an exchange. make sense?
    05-02-09 03:49 PM
    I also just took advantage of the 30 day trial period too. I got a Storm last sat. and took it back today (Sat. a week later). I went back to my old 8330 (tried and true) while I wait for the Tour. My two year upgrade is back on my account to use whenever the Tour comes around. No restocking fee.
    05-02-09 03:51 PM
    I had my storm for 4 months and they allowed me to swich to a curve. I had 5 replacements in that time period. The cuerve is an unbeliveable phone. I liked my storm but way to many glitches. Happy days are here again. I didn't have to pay for the restocking fee either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD