What are the chances of me still being able to take my 8330 Curve back on the 30 day return policy when I bought it on October 4th?
    11-13-08 08:53 PM
    Depends on the store, or rep you speak with. Technically you are locked in, if you want the storm you should gave waited, not like it was not known it was coming.
    11-13-08 09:02 PM
    Odds are very high that you are stuck with the curve
    11-13-08 09:04 PM
    Depends on the store, or rep you speak with. Technically you are locked in, if you want the storm you should gave waited, not like it was not known it was coming.
    Who said I wanted the Storm? I guess I'll have to take my chances.. the reason I was wondering is what the rep would have to do if it was over 30 days.
    11-13-08 09:14 PM
    Sorry assumption on my part. ususally over 30 days you are locked in. Why do you want to return the Curve?
    11-13-08 09:38 PM
    I just brought a Curve tonight because my voyager was pissing me off....Just be aware that Verizon will charge you a $35 restocking fee after Nov 16 for any returns. I dont care tho Im ready for a STORM!!!!!
    11-13-08 09:47 PM
    I just brought a Curve tonight because my voyager was pissing me off....Just be aware that Verizon will charge you a $35 restocking fee after Nov 16 for any returns. I dont care tho Im ready for a STORM!!!!!
    Haha.. why would you buy the Curve tonight to use for two weeks before the Storm?
    11-13-08 10:10 PM
    You do realize that the $35 restocking fee is being initiated due the customers abusing the WFG policy in cases like this?
    11-15-08 01:11 AM
    You do realize that the $35 restocking fee is being initiated due the customers abusing the WFG policy in cases like this?
    There are other things VZW could do if it was just abuse. They could specifically say that you can trade your phone in for any other phone except for the Storm, if that is the reason they are changing their policy. I think it's another way to nickel and dime their customers. All I know, is that if this trend continues, I will be looking for another carrier.
    11-15-08 03:07 PM
    There are other things VZW could do if it was just abuse. They could specifically say that you can trade your phone in for any other phone except for the Storm, if that is the reason they are changing their policy. I think it's another way to nickel and dime their customers. All I know, is that if this trend continues, I will be looking for another carrier.
    It's not customers trading in for the Storm, the Storm isn't even out yet. It's customers that buy a Voyager and keep it for a week and don't like it so they trade it for the LG Dare, or vice-versa. Or people that get the maroon colored enV2 and exchange it for the black one just because they don't like the color anymore... $35 will make most people actually research their phone purchase before buying a phone on the spur of the moment and not liking the color or the phone 2 weeks later and trading it for a different phone. I'm surprised it took this long for Verizon to do this.
    11-15-08 03:30 PM
    It's not customers trading in for the Storm, the Storm isn't even out yet. It's customers that buy a Voyager and keep it for a week and don't like it so they trade it for the LG Dare, or vice-versa. Or people that get the maroon colored enV2 and exchange it for the black one just because they don't like the color anymore... $35 will make most people actually research their phone purchase before buying a phone on the spur of the moment and not liking the color or the phone 2 weeks later and trading it for a different phone. I'm surprised it took this long for Verizon to do this.
    forgive me, but this is not true for everyone.... i had a Voyager... 3 of them in 3 months... the touch screen would lock up plus other non touch issues....Verizon approved me getting whatever phone i wanted, and after my fiasco with a touch screen, they can KEEP the storm! I got my curve and LOVE IT! I even emailed Verizon back to thank them.
    11-15-08 03:34 PM
    forgive me, but this is not true for everyone.... i had a Voyager... 3 of them in 3 months... the touch screen would lock up plus other non touch issues....Verizon approved me getting whatever phone i wanted, and after my fiasco with a touch screen, they can KEEP the storm! I got my curve and LOVE IT! I even emailed Verizon back to thank them.
    You didn't exchange because you didn't like the phone, or just preferred another one. You exchanged due to problems that weren't your fault with the devices crapping out on you. Totally different. In that instance, there still would not be a restocking fee.
    11-15-08 03:37 PM
    I understand that. What ticks me off is that I do the research on a phone and I spend a lot of time in the store talking with the sales people and playing with all the phones I have in mind. I am tired of honest people paying the price for dishonest people. Once I get some time with the phone, if it does not work for me, I don't think I should have to pay the another fee. If VZW left the policy open ended to the opinion of the sales person I could deal with that.
    11-15-08 03:39 PM
    Then people would complain that they got charged the fee when their friend didn't. It's not a perfect world. Until that day comes, we will all have to learn to live with it when the actions of certain people mess things up for everyone else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 04:45 PM
    My agent told me this: if you return it in 2 days or with under 10 minutes of talk time, there is no charge - otherwise $35 will be charged.

This seems reasonable to me.

If the device is defective, then that is an issue the manufacturer needs to take care of (although Verizon should help facilitate that exchange). If you didn't like it but used it a while, you know they have to sell it as an open-box item at a discount and they shouldn't have to eat that loss.
    11-21-08 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD