i am in a real need for a new phone. my pearl has bout bit the dust. i almost bought a Tour the otherday but decided to wait and see what the storm 2 is like first. well i dont think i can wait until the end of october anymore. if i go ahead and get the Tour and the storm 2 comes out within the 30 days can i take it back and get the S2? hoes does this affect the every 2 discount?
    10-01-09 02:27 PM
    You could buy a Tour at the store and use your 30 Day Worry Free Guarantee to exchange it for the Storm 2. If you do that, it's basically like extending your contract anyway so you wouldnt be eligible for another upgrade for 20 months i believe it is.
    10-01-09 02:33 PM
    Don't forget about restocking fee of 35 bizones.
    10-01-09 02:43 PM
    Thinking about taking advantage of the BOGO on Storm 1, so I can get one for my wife too, and asked the VZW rep if the Storm 2 came out could I exchange? I got the curve I have now, when the rep told me the Storm 1 wouldn't be out for month, and it came out the following week and they said "too bad" you can buy for full retail... what's the real deal?
    10-01-09 03:03 PM
    whaaaaaaaa ?
    10-01-09 03:09 PM
    Thinking about taking advantage of the BOGO on Storm 1, so I can get one for my wife too, and asked the VZW rep if the Storm 2 came out could I exchange? I got the curve I have now, when the rep told me the Storm 1 wouldn't be out for month, and it came out the following week and they said "too bad" you can buy for full retail... what's the real deal?
    Ok.... so you meant to say storm 1 right? SOunds like you bought the curve and the rep said the storm 1 wont be out for a month now you're stuck with a curve? Is that what you're tryin to say?
    10-01-09 03:20 PM
    No, I bought the Curve last fall, the rep said the Storm 1 wouldn't be out for months, came out the following week. Went back and was told too bad, pay retail to exchange. Now being told if I take advantage of BOGO on Storm 1, and the Storm 2 comes out within 30 days, I can exchange it for the newer Storm 2.
    10-01-09 03:22 PM
    Yeah hard to believe a store rep would say that was this a corporate verizon store or indirect we need a lil more info.
    10-01-09 03:31 PM
    Corp store. I went in last fall because I had to replace a dead phone. Longtime VZW customer, would change but since my number was originated in rural area, can't port to another carrier.
    Based on the forums, looks like the Storm 2 will be an improvement over 1, and I would like not to get caught in the same situation as last year, especially if I have two of the phones with BOGO offer.
    Just trying to find out what the reality is, whether I can buy the two Storm 1 phones on the BOGO, and later exchange for the Storm 2 without paying retail (even the restocking fee would be an improvement), or if I am going to get the old VZW runaround like before.
    10-01-09 03:42 PM
    Corp store. I went in last fall because I had to replace a dead phone. Longtime VZW customer, would change but since my number was originated in rural area, can't port to another carrier.
    Based on the forums, looks like the Storm 2 will be an improvement over 1, and I would like not to get caught in the same situation as last year, especially if I have two of the phones with BOGO offer.
    Just trying to find out what the reality is, whether I can buy the two Storm 1 phones on the BOGO, and later exchange for the Storm 2 without paying retail (even the restocking fee would be an improvement), or if I am going to get the old VZW runaround like before.
    Yeah thats too bad about all that I recommend waiting till the Storm 2 comes out.
    10-01-09 03:50 PM
    Based on your previous post, are there differences between Corp stores and other retailers? I thought the policies were set by VZW?
    10-01-09 03:56 PM
    Yeah I don't have as much knowledge as some but I know that indirects don't have to return phones and follow certain rules and thus wouldn't switch your phone out. Again this is probably wrong to some point.
    10-01-09 03:59 PM
    thanks, maybe I will see if they will put it in writing that they will do the exchange for me. yeah that will happen. Then all I have to do is figure out a release date of the Storm 2 to take advantage of the BOGO offer.
    10-01-09 04:06 PM
    To get credit on BOGOs, you must return BOTH phones, per the agreement.

VZW Authorized stores set their own prices & return policies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 04:54 PM
    Thanks for that info. I would return both phones, to get the Storm 2 instead of Storm 1.

So, different stores could have different policies?
    10-01-09 04:56 PM
    Based on your previous post, are there differences between Corp stores and other retailers? I thought the policies were set by VZW?
    Non-corp stores are not neccesarily 100% overseen by VZW hence why you see a lot of those with other carriers. Those policies are set by individual stores as opposed to just VZW.
    10-01-09 04:59 PM
    The BOGO is on the Storm 1, not the Storm 2. Its highly unlikely that they will run a BOGO on it at its initial release, if/when it is released.

10-01-09 09:16 PM
    The BOGO is on the Storm 1, not the Storm 2. Its highly unlikely that they will run a BOGO on it at its initial release, if/when it is released.

That's what a rep told her.
    10-01-09 09:31 PM
    That's correct - you will need to wait about a week after release before VZW tries to bolster BlackBerry sales by doing another BOGO.

Or sooner, the way interest in other devices is taking off.

And I didn't need no steenking rep to tell me that....

10-01-09 09:46 PM
    The rep has a big mouth

10-01-09 10:22 PM

1. I highly doubt you went to a corporate store a week b4 the Storm came out and they told you "months"

2. 1 week qualifies for WFG that has to be explained to a customer(at a corporate store)

3. Having your number setup in a "rural area" does not matter if you can port or not. I bet you anything you can port your number.
    10-02-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD