09-21-09 10:06 AM
41 12
tools
    BEEN READING ALL THE POSTS STATING, "I HAVE THE UNLIMITED DATA PLAN, & I'VE BEEN TETHERING W/O THE CONNECTION MNGR/TETHERING PLAN & THEY NAILED ME WITH X-AMOUNT PER KB, ETC, ETC,,"

ALL I CAN SAY WHO EVER PAID THE EXTRA, THEY ARE IDIOTS.

I DONE IT FOR OVER A YEAR, ( I TOLD AT&T SUPPORT THAT I WAS GOING TO PRIOR TO ACTUALLY DOING IT), AND I DIDN'T PAY 1 CENT EXTRA.

THEY GET AWAY WITH IT BECUZ MOST PEOPLE WILL JUST PAY IT & NOT CHALLENGE THE CHARGE.

IT'S REAL SIMPLE:
    ARE YOU PAYING THE 30 BUCKS (WHICH IS RIDICULOUS IN THE 1ST PLACE) FOR UNLIMITED DATA? I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, , "UNLIMITED DATA"

IS IT UNLIMITED OR NOT/ IT CAN'T BE "KINDA UNLIMITED" THAT'S LIKE BEING "KINDA PREGNANT"

SO THAT'S ESTABLISHED. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO "UNLIMITED DATA" CUZ YOU PAY FOR IT.

NOW THE PHONE THAT YOU ARE USING.
    WHO OWNS IT? ISN'T THAT Y O U ????

THE PC, LAPTOP, MAC, WHATEVER THAT YOU ARE LINKING TO.
    WHO OWNS THAT??? Y O U AGAIN. RIGHT?

SO, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY SO, THAT IT IS LAWFUL FOR THEM TO BREAK THEIR "UNLIMITED DATA" PLAN FOR A SET PRICE, AGREEMENT THEY HAD WITH YOU, BECAUSE Y O U PHYSICALLY TOOK A CABLE & PLUGGED TWO DEVICES THAT Y O U OWN INTO EACH OTHER.
    THEY ARE GOING TO CHARGE AN EXTRA FEE CUZ Y O U LINKED ONE DEVICE OWNED BY Y O U TO ANOTHER DEVICE OWNED BY Y O U???

THAT'S RIDICULOUS! $30 IS ALREADY TOOOOO MUCH!.

OH BUT IT CONSUMES SO MUCH MORE DATA, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

MORE DATA IS NOT AN ISSUE HERE, CUZ YOU ARE PAYING FOR AN
    "U N L I M I T E D" DATA PLAN.

I'M SURE THERE WILL BE THOSE, (GOODIE GOODIE KNOW-IT-ALLS) OUT THERE, WITH ARGUMENTS. DON'T REALLY CARE TO HEAR THEM.

BOTTOM LINE...I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR OVER A YEAR, STILL DOING IT. I'VE PAID/AM PAYING THE RIDICULOUS $30.00 A MONTH THAT THEY CHARGE.
    NOT ONE CENT MORE.

IF YOU GUYS WANNA LETEM PUSH YOU AROUND GO AHEAD. BUT I WANT MY "UNLIMITED" DATA CUZ I'M PAYING FOR IT.

HEY WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, (PAYING THE EXTRA CASH OUT), GO AHEAD & START SENDING ME UH,, $20 BUCKS A MOTH ALSO. CUZ I CHARGE PEOPLE THAT USE THERE OWN THINGS HOWEVER THEY LIKE.

AFTER ALL THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE CHARGING EXTRA FOR.
    ISN'T IT?
    09-17-09 04:11 AM
    BEEN READING ALL THE POSTS STATING, "I HAVE THE UNLIMITED DATA PLAN, & I'VE BEEN TETHERING W/O THE CONNECTION MNGR/TETHERING PLAN & THEY NAILED ME WITH X-AMOUNT PER KB, ETC, ETC,,"

I DONE IT FOR OVER A YEAR, ( I TOLD AT&T SUPPORT THAT I WAS GOING TO PRIOR TO ACTUALLY DOING IT), AND I DIDN'T PAY 1 CENT EXTRA.

THEY GET AWAY WITH IT BECUZ MOST PEOPLE WILL JUST PAY IT & NOT CHALLENGE THE CHARGE.

IT'S REAL SIMPLE:
    ARE YOU PAYING THE 30 BUCKS (WHICH IS RIDICULOUS IN THE 1ST PLACE) FOR UNLIMITED DATA? I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, , "UNLIMITED DATA"

IS IT UNLIMITED OR NOT/ IT CAN'T BE "KINDA UNLIMITED" THAT'S LIKE BEING "KINDA PREGNANT"

SO, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY SO, THAT IT IS LAWFUL FOR THEM TO BREAK THEIR "UNLIMITED DATA" PLAN FOR A SET PRICE, AGREEMENT THEY HAD WITH YOU, BECAUSE Y O U PHYSICALLY TOOK A CABLE & PLUGGED TWO DEVICES THAT Y O U OWN INTO EACH OTHER.
    THEY ARE GOING TO CHARGE AN EXTRA FEE CUZ Y O U LINKED ONE DEVICE OWNED BY Y O U TO ANOTHER DEVICE OWNED BY Y O U???

I'M SURE THERE WILL BE THOSE, (GOODIE GOODIE KNOW-IT-ALLS) OUT THERE, WITH ARGUMENTS. DON'T REALLY CARE TO HEAR THEM.

BOTTOM LINE...I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR OVER A YEAR, STILL DOING IT. I'VE PAID/AM PAYING THE RIDICULOUS $30.00 A MONTH THAT THEY CHARGE.
    NOT ONE CENT MORE.

IF YOU GUYS WANNA LETEM PUSH YOU AROUND GO AHEAD. BUT I WANT MY "UNLIMITED" DATA CUZ I'M PAYING FOR IT.

HEY WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, (PAYING THE EXTRA CASH OUT), GO AHEAD & START SENDING ME UH,, $20 BUCKS A MOTH ALSO. CUZ I CHARGE PEOPLE THAT USE THERE OWN THINGS HOWEVER THEY LIKE.

ISN'T IT?
    Thanks for that.
    09-17-09 08:28 AM

ISN'T IT?
    Hahahahahahahahaha!

You took the effort to create a login just to eventually prove your lack of ( insert redeeming quality here ) & do it in all caps without correct punctuation?

What an exhibition of intelligence. Riiiiiiight.
    09-17-09 09:38 AM
    Thats right. The total for tethering with any bb will be 60.00. Whether you have the BIS or BES you will be paying 60.00
    I use the tethering feature as my primary internet connection. For BIS users it cost $29.99 for 5mb and for BES users it cost $15.00 for 5mb. I use my Blackberry for my home and cell phone and have to use the tethering feature to get my computer online. I think of it this way a landline cost me $70.00 a month with the landline disconnected I am saving about $50.00 dollars a month that is counting in the cost of dail internet.
    09-17-09 11:54 AM
    I use the tethering feature as my primary internet connection. For BIS users it cost $29.99 for 5mb and for BES users it cost $15.00 for 5mb. I use my Blackberry for my home and cell phone and have to use the tethering feature to get my computer online. I think of it this way a landline cost me $70.00 a month with the landline disconnected I am saving about $50.00 dollars a month that is counting in the cost of dail internet.
    First, its 5GB not MB. For bis its 29.99+29.99=60.00
    For BES its 44.99+14.99= 60.00.
    Good to hear you are saving money...
    09-17-09 11:59 AM

IT'S REAL SIMPLE:
    You pay for unlimited data on your phone itself.

It's a completely legal agreement that you signed. They're not breaking anything. this is clearly stated.
    It's a dollar a day. How much do you spend on coffee or soft drinks per day?

Once again, on your PHONE.

NOT ONE CENT MORE.
    Not until a smarter rep gets a wind of it.

Does the cable company charge you for services that you use on YOUR OWN TV?? YES!!
    ISN'T IT?

10 character
    09-17-09 10:49 PM
    Just wondering who if any are using Tetherberry on the Verizon network, I kinda agree with the fact that you are paying $30 bucks for unlimited Data, why is it that they can say how you use that data. I havnt actually tried it yet but looking to see what users that have think, and any problems they have ran into
    09-20-09 09:55 PM
    Welcome to CB - 1st off search is your best friend. Now some use it and some have popped and have gotten large data bills and/or services terminated. This has been well debated in other forums. Your risk.
    09-20-09 09:58 PM
    Sorry I actually ment to post a little more but screwed up and deleted it, I added that I know there are lots of tetherberry post all over the place but was just interested in specifically Verizon and peoples experiences with it
    09-20-09 10:04 PM
    I kinda agree with the fact that you are paying $30 bucks for unlimited Data, why is it that they can say how you use that data.
    You have unlimited smartphone data - not unlimited data. There is a difference & it is covered by the contract.

If Robbie ever comes back - I doubt he will - he could tell you about the trials & tribulations of Tetherberry. Not good at all. Poor kid evded up working in the Arizona heat because of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 11:12 PM
    I travel a lot at times but I can just use the internet where I'm at than use the BB as a modem. It can be about the same speeds anyway. Don't VZW block wifi though?
    HONESTLY?????
    VZW doesnt "BLOCK" wifi... the BB's dont even HAVE the capabilities... sorry if other carriers do. Our other smartphones have wifi so its not "BLOCKED"

GEEZ
    09-21-09 08:42 AM
    Tethering is $30 if you have the $29.99 data package. If you have the $44.99 corporate data package your tethering cost is only $15 per month.
    so how much do you save there? nothing?
    09-21-09 08:57 AM
    10 character
    I love the use of the work 'UNLIMITED' in amogst this thread. Has anyone ever taken the time to read throught the T&C's of their contracts?

I cant speak for all you guys really as im from the uk but 'unlimited' data usage over here actually means - 'as long as you dont use too much we wont charge you for it.'

in my contract it states that ALL my blackberry emails are free, ALL my calls are free, ALL my messages are free and ALL my data usage is free..

scroll down and you find the fair usage policy that says any data yused over 1Gb is chargable at ..../kb (cant remember the cost).

BUT... speaking to a few friends on the inside (providers that is), your carrier cannot determine the difference in data usage between the internet and your blackberry emails, they all use the same method of transfer.

So what the contract should say is we will charge you for any data usage we seem to be unfair, ie anything over 1Gb per month, but we cant really charge you coz we cant prove that you are really using the data for anything other than emails....

So am im sure has been said before. Dont shell out the extra dough for extra usage as you dont really need it.

I pay 35 for my plan and 5 for my insurance and nothing else.
    09-21-09 09:04 AM
    I love the use of the work 'UNLIMITED' in amogst this thread. Has anyone ever taken the time to read throught the T&C's of their contracts?

I cant speak for all you guys really as im from the uk but 'unlimited' data usage over here actually means - 'as long as you dont use too much we wont charge you for it.'

in my contract it states that ALL my blackberry emails are free, ALL my calls are free, ALL my messages are free and ALL my data usage is free..

scroll down and you find the fair usage policy that says any data yused over 1Gb is chargable at ..../kb (cant remember the cost).

BUT... speaking to a few friends on the inside (providers that is), your carrier cannot determine the difference in data usage between the internet and your blackberry emails, they all use the same method of transfer.

So what the contract should say is we will charge you for any data usage we seem to be unfair, ie anything over 1Gb per month, but we cant really charge you coz we cant prove that you are really using the data for anything other than emails....

So am im sure has been said before. Dont shell out the extra dough for extra usage as you dont really need it.

I pay 35 for my plan and 5 for my insurance and nothing else.
    Usage on the phone is truly unlimited, there are no hidden data caps. If you SUBSCRIBE to tethering, there is a 5GB cap.
    09-21-09 09:20 AM
    And they can tell the difference between phone usage & tethering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 09:42 AM
    so no tetherberry...
    LOL
    09-21-09 10:06 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD