With the $30 plan how much information can I truley look up on the internet? I suppose the answer I'm looking for here is can I safely assume I can look up youtube videos without being charged an arm and a leg? Any and all help would is appreciated thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 06:13 PM
    $29.99 BIS is unlimited web and email on the device.

Yes, you can view m.youtube.com videos on that plan with no problem!

12-08-08 06:16 PM
    Thanks much

12-08-08 06:20 PM
    You're welcome.

12-08-08 06:21 PM
    There's a 5 GB limit, but it's very unlikely you will even come close to that using your phone. Almost impossible. Probably why they say unlimited.

12-08-08 07:13 PM
    I was also wondering about this. This is actually not a bad deal. my old phone for the first 2 years i was paying like 50 a month with text messages and insurance only.

Now with my blackberry im paying 70 with company discount. 450 min, unl nights weekends, 250 text, unlim email and web, and full insurance.
    12-08-08 10:32 PM
    There's a 5 GB limit, but it's very unlikely you will even come close to that using your phone. Almost impossible. Probably why they say unlimited.

Not true, it's unlimited on phones. The 5 gb allowance is the max data plan for cards/tethering.
    12-09-08 02:04 AM
    5 gb limit ... ur good
    12-09-08 04:53 PM
    Not true, it's unlimited on phones. The 5 gb allowance is the max data plan for cards/tethering.
    This is correct.

12-09-08 05:10 PM
    Only the 24.99 data plan is 5gb for blackberry the other two are unlimited so don't be scared

12-10-08 01:20 AM
    Only the 24.99 data plan is 5gb for blackberry the other two are unlimited so don't be scared

the 24.99 data plan for blackberry includes 20 megabites of internet browsing, and unlimited e-mail. just to clarify
    12-10-08 07:14 AM
    the 24.99 data plan for blackberry includes 20 megabites of internet browsing, and unlimited e-mail. just to clarify
    Where are you getting that from? My understanding is that it is unlimited data on the phone. The only restriction is on the $30 plan to tether it to your computer and use it as a modem. In that case it's 5GB per month, but data on the phone is unlimited no matter whether it's the BES or BIS plan.
    12-10-08 08:45 AM
    So with the $30 plan that I have its possible to tether without any extra fees and it just has to be under 5gb?

12-10-08 12:23 PM
    No. You still pay to tether.

12-10-08 12:25 PM
    going over 5gb on a handset is really a moot point, its damn near impossible
    12-10-08 01:26 PM
    Honestly how much time would I have to spend to get even remotely close to 5gb? I'm talking stuff like myspace, facebook, this website, youtube, imdb etc

12-11-08 10:32 AM
    the 30 dollar data plan offers unlimited data...

so facebook and all that stuff is unlimited..

if you're using your phone as a modem (tethering) you have a 5gb limit I believe..
    12-11-08 10:04 PM
    Honestly how much time would I have to spend to get even remotely close to 5gb? I'm talking stuff like myspace, facebook, this website, youtube, imdb etc

10 hours a day 7 days a week - would require you to violate the TOS with Verizon Wireless and if they detect it, they can restrict your access and slow it down or up to terminating service.
    12-11-08 10:28 PM
    10 hours a day 7 days a week - would require you to violate the TOS with Verizon Wireless and if they detect it, they can restrict your access and slow it down or up to terminating service.
    How does it violate tos? I am on mine all the time. I use it to look for a job, manage my husband's officiating, research, and fun. To me unlimited is just that. Unlimited.

12-11-08 11:18 PM
    Tethered = 5 gigs + $30 in addition to the $29.99 BB feature. This comes out to the same price of $59.99 BBA plan for tethering and data cards.

Un-tethered = Unlimited & just the $29.99 BB feature.

Until recently, one could tether w/o paying exta for BBA. Now they will get an unauthorized error and will need to call and have BBA added to their line.

12-14-08 05:25 AM
    I have a question which is slighty unrelated but related at the same time:
    I have the 30$ plan and the woman at customer service said something about me not being able to use the word, powerpoint, and excel programs. Can someone clarify that for me or shed some light? Thanks, I'm new to this, but I love my storm
    12-14-08 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD