Was wondering if it's true that if your phone fails three times or more within the manufacture year that they will replace the phone by choosing another one than just getting like new replacements? I'm asking because have already replaced 2 tours because of trackball issues
    03-24-10 12:13 AM
    Unfortunately, to my knowledge this policy does not exist anymore. People started to catch on so they stopped doing it.
    03-24-10 01:46 AM
    That policy was discontinued due to abuse and loss of revenue. So if you have problem with your phone you will receive the exact same device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 01:53 AM
    Oh ok just wondering hopefully my new tour isn't bad thanks
    03-24-10 02:03 AM
    Yeah they did away with this. This is my 5th tour in a little less than a year and all my problems were technical issues that were beyond the typical troubleshooting techniques. All they kept giving me was the exact same thing. I love the tour and all it does but I'm officially holding out until the release of the "tour 2/ bold" that's supposedly coming out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 02:37 AM
    Oh ok just wondering hopefully my new tour isn't bad thanks
    I had to have my Tour replaced because of the trackball, my new one works better; I just have to keep it clean. I recommend a paper towel and some alcohol...works for me.
    03-24-10 02:53 AM
    Verizon Corp stores have a new policy about replacing trackballs too, they will do so free of charge in 99% of cases.
    03-24-10 08:18 AM
    Verizon Corp stores have a new policy about replacing trackballs too, they will do so free of charge in 99% of cases.
    I went in one night taking a chance they sold track balls, and was shocked when he replaced it. It was nice, I did not have to wait the 4 or 5 days to get one shipped from Crackberry.
    03-24-10 08:52 AM
    I don't think there is a set amount anymore, and it is taken on a case-by-case basis. I had 7 replacements, and I spoke to a supervisor and asked to be switched to a different model. It was no issue. This occurred about 1 month ago...
    03-24-10 04:36 PM
    So they outright replace the trackball assembly, not the whole phone? That would be awesome. Is this a company wide policy? I'm in south NJ and it looks like you're in Philly - I hope the policy is at least regional!
    03-26-10 01:23 PM
    Trackball replcement, to my knowledge will only be done for the 8830 and 8330. 9630 requires the entire device to be taken apart and this will not happen
    03-26-10 02:01 PM
    Just got my replacement seems to be working better than the original (knock on wood) (fingers crossed)
    03-26-10 11:01 PM
    Just got my replacement seems to be working better than the original (knock on wood) (fingers crossed)
    Keep the trackball clean and you won't have any issues. It works for me to clean with a paper towel and alcohol.
    03-26-10 11:04 PM
    I got the Tour in August. In October the trackball started malfunctioning. I got a replacement and it has been working flawlessly. I also use the dust remover like I use on my notebook keyboard.
    If you have an issue, call Customer care first and all you have to do is be nice when you call. The phone has a warranty for the first yr and also if you have insurance.
    But they should cover it the first yr. Customer care is nice and for the most part nicer than going in to the store. The stores haven't had backstock on replacement devices because they are expensive and people do try to take advantage. So to keep the inventory control customer care has been taking care of replacements. At least it was this way when I needed a replacement.

Verizon had a fru procedure that they prided upon for giving customers great service if their device or phone was acting up. As a sales rep, we would check the phone and have customer care on the phone at the same time and they would determine if a replacement was necessary. This kept a customer from having to see a tech support in a store. But people soon took advantage of this and it was stopped. I was a rep back then and it was a great step to help, but like anything, people will take advantage. Too bad because it really helped out a lot
    03-26-10 11:24 PM
    So happy the multi-fru program is gone. All I have to say is "Come on April 1st!!"
    03-27-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD