I have a Tour which I purchased at the end of July, the phone is great for the most part but started having issues with the trackball so on November 6th called tech support and they shipped me a replacement, this is where it gets agrivating.

1st replacement worked great, trackball was wonderful but could not activate it due to it being tied to another account and they could not change that. Called tech support and on november 13th they shipped me another.
    2nd replacement worked great for about 30 minuted, then the trackball was worse than my original phone, the following day I called and had them switch service back to my original phone because it did still function. While on the phone they stated they would send me a new phone, great!!
    Today, I noted that I have not gotten a tracking number about the new phone so I call to which I am informed that they dropped the ball and never ordered the phone, and to make it worse they are not able to get me a replacement until next monday, November 30th, and further insulting me they are going to send another "like new" phone rather than a new one because they declined the new phone being sent to me.

What do I do?? Do I suck it up and just stay pizzzed off at the company or can I call someone for having to deal with all this for almost a month and having all this aggrivation. Please let me know what my options are...

Thanks for any help you can give me..
    11-24-09 07:45 AM
    I have a Tour which I purchased at the end of July, the phone is great for the most part but started having issues with the trackball so on November 6th called tech support and they shipped me a replacement, this is where it gets agrivating.

1st replacement worked great, trackball was wonderful but could not activate it due to it being tied to another account and they could not change that. Called tech support and on november 13th they shipped me another.
    2nd replacement worked great for about 30 minuted, then the trackball was worse than my original phone, the following day I called and had them switch service back to my original phone because it did still function. While on the phone they stated they would send me a new phone, great!!
    Today, I noted that I have not gotten a tracking number about the new phone so I call to which I am informed that they dropped the ball and never ordered the phone, and to make it worse they are not able to get me a replacement until next monday, November 30th, and further insulting me they are going to send another "like new" phone rather than a new one because they declined the new phone being sent to me.

What do I do?? Do I suck it up and just stay pizzzed off at the company or can I call someone for having to deal with all this for almost a month and having all this aggrivation. Please let me know what my options are...

Thanks for any help you can give me..
    Eeek! When you get the new tour sell it and buy something else obviously there are compatibility issues.
    11-24-09 07:54 AM
    Eeek! When you get the new tour sell it and buy something else obviously there are compatibility issues.
    Compatability issue with me and Verizon currently, I love my phone but my bloodpressure cant take too much more. Bright side is I still have the other 2 phones for what they are worth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 08:01 AM
    Compatability issue with me and Verizon currently, I love my phone but my bloodpressure cant take too much more. Bright side is I still have the other 2 phones for what they are worth.

What other 2 phones? Phones that were sent as replacements?
    11-24-09 08:03 AM
    Planetfeedback.com is your friend. Go write your complaint on that site, you should get results.

11-24-09 08:07 AM
    Planetfeedback.com is your friend. Go write your complaint on that site, you should get results.

I never heard of that site, I will check it out later. I fear I have few threats I can make; the phone is onlt BB I like other than 9700 that they don't offer, they have best coverage in my area, but I do pay $180 a month for 2 phone plans, mine and my wifes storm2. That really should be leverage enough though, I believe I need to make another call to my local office for some local help.

11-24-09 08:21 AM
    What other 2 phones? Phones that were sent as replacements?
    Yes I still have the 2 replacement phones that they have sent over past 2 weeks, they keep telling me to send them all back at once, other that the fedex fees I dont really know why they would not want those phones back quickly so they can get placed back in the "like new replacement" bin at the warehouse.

Funny sidenote: I just used Poynt to locate the local verizon office number (that is the greatest app made) and it is actually sponsored by sprint, hahaha.. Although they do have the bold 9700 that is my new dream phone..
    11-24-09 08:30 AM
    Send those puppies back or you will have a thousand some dollar charge on your next bill

11-24-09 08:38 AM
    Send those puppies back or you will have a thousand some dollar charge on your next bill

Pretty much! Had a cousin who went through a bunch of gin phones, nokia/lg/samsung and between the replacements and such he ends up with an extra phone. Well he hangs onto it for like 3 months before he plans to sell it. And one day gets a letter in the mail they didn't recieve the phone and theres a charges for 429.99 on his account. Once he sent it back there was no issue but to be on the safe side just send it back.
    11-24-09 08:54 AM

I would have already but they just keep telling me to ship them back with the next phone. I guess I need to send at least the first phone back; even though it was a good phone but can't be activated on my account.

I called local office, yaaa that was a joke. He did say that if I have another failure they will offer a fru, or something like that where they will probaly give me the option to exchange it for a curve 2 with a track pad. That phone sells for alot less than my Tour did when I purchased it!!!
    11-24-09 08:58 AM
    So I guess my only vengance now will be so send the vzw tech who was "supposed" to be sending me out another phone last weekend a very not so nice email letting him know just how dissatisfied I am with him at this point. What stinks is that he was cool and even sent me a secret website with apps, just for dealing with the troubles. The site is Downloads: Free Full version Blackberry Applications, Iphone App's, program & +plus+ More! enjoy, it seems like just another app/software site.

Now I will send him an email to inform him of my current situation caused by his lack of following through with his end of the bargain. I shall post what if any response I receive from this. Thanks for the support and suggestions
    11-24-09 09:14 AM
    Better yet, get angry at the people who make the phones. Because uh.....it's not VZW.
    11-24-09 09:21 AM
    Better yet, get angry at the people who make the phones. Because uh.....it's not VZW.
    I understand your point and I understand that there are alot of issues currently, however if verizon had held up their end of the bargain then I would be alot happier right now. I don't appreciate the total lack of disrespect they show me as a customer.
    11-24-09 09:33 AM
    I just spent another 41 minutes with Steve in tech support who at the beginning and the end informed me he did not have the authority to have replacement shipped overnight, despite that he continued to attempt to resolve problem by stating fedex would deliver in next few days but not sure if friday or monday, at about the 35 minute mark I informed Steve that if the issue is not resolved where I have a phone TOMORROW then we will be going to battle over me disconnecting my service, no negotiations allowed, I know of several other companies where I am able to get a phone. New plan is to have his supervisor call me, exactly what I wanted 40 minutes ago!!!! Currently awaiting that call and am going to take a sedative to calm down. Sucky part of this is that I work nights and need to be asleep 2 hours ago because I need to be awake in 5 hours. Will keep posted what results come of this.
    11-24-09 10:22 AM
    I just spent another 41 minutes with Steve in tech support who at the beginning and the end informed me he did not have the authority to have replacement shipped overnight, despite that he continued to attempt to resolve problem by stating fedex would deliver in next few days but not sure if friday or monday, at about the 35 minute mark I informed Steve that if the issue is not resolved where I have a phone TOMORROW then we will be going to battle over me disconnecting my service, no negotiations allowed, I know of several other companies where I am able to get a phone. New plan is to have his supervisor call me, exactly what I wanted 40 minutes ago!!!! Currently awaiting that call and am going to take a sedative to calm down. Sucky part of this is that I work nights and need to be asleep 2 hours ago because I need to be awake in 5 hours. Will keep posted what results come of this.
    If you are holding on to two replacment phones already, lets see what they do for you. Especially if you need to be "calmed down" I'm sure you're being nice. Good luck.
    11-24-09 10:42 AM
    If you are holding on to two replacment phones already, lets see what they do for you. Especially if you need to be "calmed down" I'm sure you're being nice. Good luck.
    SUCCESS, I WON, sorta... After 83 minutes on the phone with verizon today, the loss of about 4 hours of sleep and probaly 35 days of my life I finally have a New BB Tour being express shipped to me tomorrow, no extra charges, etc.. They did ask me to please return all 3 phones as soon as possible which is acceptable to me. I feel alot better now and will go to sleep so that I can get up in 4 hours and go work another 12 hour shift; that is gonna suck royally.

Thanks for all of the support this morning, I needed it!!! I feel that I have won a war, not just a small battle. I appreciate all of the fellow crackberry heads that provided encouragement to me today. Also just got my tracking number so it is official. Now watch fedex loose the darn thing, that would truely add insult to injury,
    11-24-09 11:08 AM
    Lucky you! My 3rd replacement storm is on the fed ex truck as I type. Spent this morning with tech/cs as well. They say 1 original and 2 doa replacement storms is not a big deal and does not qualify yet for different device.

I wish my morning turned out like yours. I want to like my device, but it is hard. These certified like new replacements are CRAP!!!!!!!

Good for you and best of luck with your new device!
    11-24-09 05:01 PM
    Well the saga continues, still getting new phone tomorrow bit will share later tonight when I have more time what the newest issue is

11-24-09 05:18 PM
    Well the saga continues, still getting new phone tomorrow bit will share later tonight when I have more time what the newest issue is

Well the new issue was that VZW decided that I was now needing to pay for overnight shipping by fedex, as you probaly guessed this did not sit well with me but due to lack of sleep and being burnt out I gave in, they told me they would bill it to my account and that was supposed to be the end of it. About 330pm I get a call from vzw which awakened me after 2.5 hours of sleep due to dealing with all of this B---S and they now needed my credit card??? It seems that they could not bill it to my account for an unknown reason, in a flight of anger and alot of choice words from all of this I give them the card number and immediately call customer service with a major attitude from all of this, threatened to leave and would have if no resolution to this occurred, long story short they are crediting 1/2 of the shipping ($8.40) and giving me extra 500 minutes for next 6 months which allows me to decrease my account bill by $20 a month giving an additional $120 for aggrivation. I must say it was not worth it, I will probaly die sooner and my blood pressure was/is off the chart. If this phone is crap then I am gonna freek out. Lets hope for the best. Thanks for the support
    11-24-09 11:28 PM
    Well the new issue was that VZW decided that I was now needing to pay for overnight shipping by fedex, as you probaly guessed this did not sit well with me but due to lack of sleep and being burnt out I gave in, they told me they would bill it to my account and that was supposed to be the end of it. About 330pm I get a call from vzw which awakened me after 2.5 hours of sleep due to dealing with all of this B---S and they now needed my credit card??? It seems that they could not bill it to my account for an unknown reason, in a flight of anger and alot of choice words from all of this I give them the card number and immediately call customer service with a major attitude from all of this, threatened to leave and would have if no resolution to this occurred, long story short they are crediting 1/2 of the shipping ($8.40) and giving me extra 500 minutes for next 6 months which allows me to decrease my account bill by $20 a month giving an additional $120 for aggrivation. I must say it was not worth it, I will probaly die sooner and my blood pressure was/is off the chart. If this phone is crap then I am gonna freek out. Lets hope for the best. Thanks for the support
    Whoa, you just quoted yourself.

They can not bill to the account if your a new customer or can not pay on time. Why would you cuss them out for calling you to get your credit card, at least they made that effort instead of you not getting it overnight and not getting your phone tomorrow.
    11-24-09 11:36 PM
    Whoa, you just quoted yourself.

They can not bill to the account if your a new customer or can not pay on time. Why would you cuss them out for calling you to get your credit card, at least they made that effort instead of you not getting it overnight and not getting your phone tomorrow.
    I did quote myself, cool!! I am tired and illiterate..

I am not a new customer, I pay them about $180 a month, I cussed due to being awakened after 2.5 hours of sleep and sheer frustration, I did apologize to the tech and tried to let him understand that it was a situational issue and the lack of sleep was killing me!! The bottom line was that I felt like they should have corrected the problem when first contacted, not after over 2 hours of conversations with multiple people, especially since they dropped the ball to begin with.
    11-24-09 11:42 PM
    You're just being a drama queen now. 35 days of your life?!

11-24-09 11:46 PM
    You're just being a drama queen now. 35 days of your life?!

OK maybe not 35 but it sure feels like it. I do wish I could have had a drink to chill out and someday, hopefully tomorrow I will look back at this and laugh
    11-24-09 11:53 PM
    They may have not asked you to send back the devices but I still would. Especially if you don't want all this drama again. I can see it now...

You will get a bill for over 1500 dollars for not returning the devices after you got your new Tour.

11-25-09 09:16 AM
    They may have not asked you to send back the devices but I still would. Especially if you don't want all this drama again. I can see it now...

You will get a bill for over 1500 dollars for not returning the devices after you got your new Tour.

That would suck royally!! Get billed the equalivant of 2 of my house payments for 3 worthless phones, lol... I have the other 2 boxed up so that when my new phone gets here they can take the 2 phones which they have sent me with them and prevent even more drama. My fedex guy has got to be wondering why I get a box from verizon every week, I know the guy and he's probaly dying to ask me what kinda new business I am running now
    11-25-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD