I'm eligible for my two year upgrade early because I have the primary line on our plan. However, I'm happy with my Storm II. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to get my upgrade phone (Wal-Mart has the 8530 for $0.00), sign for two more years, not activate the 8530, and sell it?

I am technically fulfilling my part of the agreement by signing for two more years. What does it matter to them if I keep my 9550 or use the 8530?

Obviously this isn't something I wanted to call 611 to ask...

Thanks.
    07-17-10 03:40 PM
    You can do whatever you want with the phone. As long as you don't mind a new 2-year contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 05:28 PM
    I don't mind the contract. VZW is the only service that works well around here.
    07-17-10 06:10 PM
    Then you can get the phone and do whateva

07-17-10 06:29 PM
    Why not just save the upgrade just in case something happens to your storm or a phone comes out that you decide you like?

07-17-10 07:49 PM
    You don't want to save it for the Storm3?
    07-17-10 09:28 PM
    My wife's upgrade comes up in December. Storm 3 is a myth, and I need $$
    07-17-10 09:32 PM
    You should use it for the Bold, get it unlocked and sell it online.

07-17-10 09:37 PM
    Why don't you just buy the Curve 8530 as a certified like new device. You can get one a year for 139.99 and it doesn't extend your contract. I would just hold on to it. I doubt you will want to keep your Storm 2 for another 2 years.

07-17-10 10:13 PM
    Save it. I mean the Storm 2 is still pretty high end and sells a lot in the marketplace here. Wait for the next gen BBs to drop.
    07-17-10 11:10 PM
    The bottom line is you COULD do it if you really want. Once you sign the contract the phone is yours to do with what you please, and all Verizons cares about is that you keep A phone on the line for the 2 years.
    07-17-10 11:19 PM
    I hope you have insurance for the storm because if something happens to it after the yr warranty you will be out of luck. Think about this because you never know, you might need the upgrade for a device to use.
    07-18-10 12:51 AM
    I'm eligible for my two year upgrade early because I have the primary line on our plan.
    Geez, if the person is a Primary they will be up for a new phone in one year. They'll be able to get a phone again.
    07-18-10 01:26 AM
    There is risk in everything, this is fine way to make some extra cash, especially if you have an upgrade in the next 6 months. Sure, the phone COULD break... but that's just a risk you assume, and truthfully, if there isn't some form of manufacturers defect, you should be just fine. I love how the prospect of owning something without a warranty sounds so daunting to many, but I guess that's why insurance companies make so much money...
    07-18-10 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD